PDA

View Full Version : 88 sunsport bow seat back rest removal?

novabobby
01-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Hi all!
Im new to the forum and a virgin supra owner! Im building a surf monster out of an 88 sunsport skier. I need help,can someone tell me how the wrap around back rest cushion in the bow comes out? need to remove to cut holes for speakers and re staple some seat piping thats loose. all help will be greatly appreciated and from what ive been reading in these threads somebody is always chimming in with some answers. ( bought a 3m eraser wheel that was suggested here and was able to take all decals off boat yesterday in 2 hours!! thing is amazing local detailer wanted $300 for it said no easy way to do it.???? the web is a great tool! ) hope to hear from you guys soon!
Thanks,
Bobby P

dkelly4819
01-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Hey Bobby, welcome! I have an '89 Sunsport and my bow seat backrests were screwed in from the storage area behind the observer seat and below the dash at the helm. Then, you need to remove the speakers in the bow area and reach in to remove additional screws along the sides. I never thought to remove the speakers and reach in, until someone told me! Hope this helps.

novabobby
01-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Thanks much! ill b posting pics as soon as i figure out how!lol!