PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Sunsport ..needing some restoration parts

rapiddarby
01-04-2014, 01:10 PM
I picked up a 1995 sunsport last fall and got to use it a couple times before winterizing. I got rid of a 1989 Mastercraft tristar 190 that I loved but really wanted to wakesurf. I am in the process of getting my sunsport set up to surf, but I'm working with a "tubers budget" :) I need some ballast, I need a speedo gauge It has two speedos on this model - one works mostly the other does not and I've narrowed it down to the gauge itself ( I have been told that the gauge is no longer are available for this year/model) I really could use a whole new dashboard as the one in it is very used and broken ( also told it is unavailable for this year/model). Any ideas/options for restoration. Suggestions for ballast? ... I ride goofy so I am setting up for starboard side so is most my family. I have no tower (its not in the budget) but I do have a ski pole tower - suggestions for ballast? what new prop? fix of dash? fix of speedo?

twisterad3
01-04-2014, 09:43 PM
I've had trouble with getting my wake surf consistent. Some days, it's working well. Other days… Well, not as much. I had the best day when stacking 2 of the 350# straight-line bags on the surf side, and then playing around the with distribution of people available on the boat (bow, rear bench, floor, etc) I've had the best results. The straight-line Big Bags were the only solution I found locally that I didn't have to order online. They ran under $300 with a pump. ($160 for the bags, $89 for the pump).
For the speedometer, we don't use the ones on our boat. The work sometimes, then will shut down. I've been using my Garmin GPS unit in the speedometer/odometer mode. Tells me quickly how fast we're going, also fun (or frustrating) to see what kind of MPG you get from your boat.
Our dash on our Sunsport is pretty well used as well. Chipped corners, faded, and bent. My buddy is going to be cutting me new gauge panels from aluminum to help update the look a bit.

Hope this helps.