PDA

View Full Version : Supra Launch or Sanger v210?

masongardner
01-07-2014, 10:24 AM
First of all, I know this is a supra forum and I do appreciate the feedback from the crew. I am currently looking at two boats. One is a 2006 supra launch, direct drive, tower, yada yada. The other is a 99 sanger v210, tower, v-drive and of course yada yada. The supra launch i am looking at is 16000 and the sanger is 16500. So basically the same price. Just wanted to get some opinion from those of you that have maybe had experience with both of these boat on the pros and cons. Out main use is going to be wakeboarding and getting surfing. I have a feeling once we get surfing we wont be doing much wakeboarding. I have three kids, 4, 7, and 10 and occasionally take another small family with us. So 8-9 people 4-5 of which are little people. Both boats have basically the same amount of hours and are in the same condition. The thing that kinda had me worried about the sanger was the low freeboard (?), and the possibility of taking water over the bow.

And info or tips for me on which of these two makes the most sense for my family is appreciated.

Thanks guys and gals,
Jason

Ptownkid
01-07-2014, 01:33 PM
This is a tough one...V-drive is much better for space and that Sanger looks nice, but the supra is far newer and is much deeper (which is important for surfing as you pointed out). I didn't even know they still made a DD launch in 2006, is that the right year?

masongardner
01-07-2014, 05:25 PM
it might not be a launch. I think the ladies husband passed away and she is selling it. It is a direcv drive though. I do know that. I am just worried about taking water over the bow on the sanger but the vdrive has me enticed. lol

Smitty75
01-07-2014, 11:07 PM
Not exactly the same boat, but I have a 2006 launch 21v and absolutely love it. It's an awesome wakeboard boat, but just an ok surf boat. It takes a little more weight than others to get a good surf going, but that's because it's a big deep stable boat that doesn't lean as easy as some. I've also been on a slightly older dd supra (2002) which was also a great boat.

michael hunter
01-07-2014, 11:19 PM
What is your price point .

masongardner
01-08-2014, 01:57 PM
I was really trying to stay at or below the 16000. I wish i had 30 grand to toss on a sick boat, but I just dont. I was also looking at some Malibu euros. One was a 98 and one was a 93. Both for about 11 grand. I LOOVVEEEE supras, so if I can get one that is going to work well for my family and I, that is the direction I will go for sure. I dont think the direct drive bothers me, its just that the v drive seating is so nice!

crystal waters
01-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Sangers are wooden stringers although they are purported to be fool proof in their design and application to their boats.
Supra of the year you are looking at are composite stringers--no rot!
Getting wet over the bow is 95% of the time driver error but having said that the 2006 supra sits higher up front and is far less likely to present that problem to you.
good luck

CornRickey
01-08-2014, 08:53 PM
nothings fool proof when it comes to wood and water

Ptownkid
01-08-2014, 08:57 PM
I still can't figure out what 2006 supra is being sold for 16k...if it's not beat to hell or broken in someway you should be all over that.

masongardner
01-08-2014, 09:45 PM
I still can't figure out what 2006 supra is being sold for 16k...if it's not beat to hell or broken in someway you should be all over that.

The trailer is toast. Corrosion. But the boat looked to be in good shape (I haven't actually seen it yet)

James
01-08-2014, 11:07 PM
That's a tough one. I currently have a supra launch and it's been an amazing boat and satisfied all of my wakeboarding and surfing needs. Only downside is it's direct drive. I also have a Sanger and they are really amazingly built boats. I think either would leave you happy but the supra is going to definatly feel like a bigger boat, it's newer, and sounds like a pretty good deal. I would get the supra if I was you. If you felt you needed a vdrive in a few years you can prolly sell it for what you paid for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Ptownkid
01-09-2014, 09:59 AM
The trailer is toast. Corrosion. But the boat looked to be in good shape (I haven't actually seen it yet)

Was it run in salt water?