PDA

View Full Version : 1989 supra SPEEDO REPAIR OR REPLACE THE LENS ON ONE OF THE GAUGES

jonnb
01-13-2014, 08:18 AM
I have a 1989 supra with bad lens on one of the speedo's, can these be repaired?
Or are there any used good gauges out there?

Cusefan78
01-13-2014, 09:03 AM
I have a 1989 supra with bad lens on one of the speedo's, can these be repaired?
Or are there any used good gauges out there?

Yes do a search. I posted a link for a website that sell rebuild kits and also upgrade kits.

Cusefan78
01-13-2014, 09:04 AM
http://www.classicboatwork.com/classicparts/gauges/airguide/agr/agr.html

jonnb
01-13-2014, 01:58 PM
thanks for the info I will check into it

richard.tobian
01-26-2014, 03:36 PM
Go to your auto parts store and get a head light referb. kit. It will have instructions on how to do it. I had to fix me tack gage that way, it work great.

speeronline
02-02-2014, 07:33 PM
I am redoing my whole interior including the dash. Both speedo's were full of white chalky stuff and they just didn't look like they would work... So instead of replacing them I decided to build an insert for the center of the dash that I could inlay a Garmin GPS. This should give me a more accurate speed and give the dash a much needed update. It was tough to rewrap the vinyl after adding the extra angles but it looks good.
I left the original holes for the mechanical speedo's so it can be converted back just in case I change my mind later.

flipz96
12-26-2014, 01:08 PM
I am redoing my whole interior including the dash. Both speedo's were full of white chalky stuff and they just didn't look like they would work... So instead of replacing them I decided to build an insert for the center of the dash that I could inlay a Garmin GPS. This should give me a more accurate speed and give the dash a much needed update. It was tough to rewrap the vinyl after adding the extra angles but it looks good.
I left the original holes for the mechanical speedo's so it can be converted back just in case I change my mind later.

Do you have any pictures? I would like to check it out. Thanks!