PDA

View Full Version : Carpet replacement on a 90 Saltare without removing the top cap

haugy
02-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Well, I've gone and done it now. No going back.

The carpet on my 1990 Saltare (notice the year, I'll come back to that) was once replaced before. It was only half-assed replaced and not properly. So I had two-tone carpet going on, and not the best carpet at that. Plus after years of sitting in a barn, it was very weathered and dirty. So I decided to go nuts, and replace it.

But as many of you know, the carpet is actually really easy to replace when the top cap is off. Lay it down, cut the edges, trim the seats out and done. It's actually very easy. But this is going to be a more complex job. This is going to be with the TOP CAP ON. Where fitment is very tight, and space is a premium.

First off, lets see how she looked before.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/boatinterior4_zpsddb01e99.jpg

Doesn't look too bad, but the seams were showing in places, and it's filthy, trust me. Even after cleaning and scrubbing it just looks bad. Plus you can see how the floor does not match the sides or seat bottoms.

So I plan on going with a color like shown below. Probably going to go with the very light gray. Easy on heat, and should brighten up the interior even more.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/boatinterior5_zps7381bf91.jpg

So I removed all the interior of the boat first. Now here's a tip that myself and TNTitan discovered. The older the boat, the more likely you have wood bases for seats. When I chatted with him he mentioned his bases for the rear seats were wood and would come right out when the backs were removed. On my 1990 Mariah they were fiberglass, but figured since it was a Saltare, maybe they were different. Nope. Mine are fiberglass bases as well. While that is definitely good so I don't have to worry about rot, they are fixed to the top cap and there is no moving them. So for carpet replacement, that is bad. My thoughts are that the older boats, still used wood, and the newer ones used fiberglass.

So depending on your year you may have wood or fiberglass bases, so this project may be super easy for you if you have wood and can remove the seat bases.

So after turning into a Chinese acrobat and got the seats all removed, I began removing carpet. This is where it's going to be hard to get back together. The way the carpet was put on the bases was it actually goes from the back to the front via the bottom. Basically a "U" shape. Now that's not a big deal when the cap is apart, but will be quite challenging with thick dense new carpet.

So I got all the carpet out, good and bad news. Bad news first, I found a soft spot, very minimal, but right on top of a stringer. I figured this old girl would need new stringers eventually, so not a surprise. Years of years of outdoor neglect, it was bound to happen. Plus I think the foam is so super-saturated that the boat weighs way more than it should.

Next year I'll probably pull it apart and send it Donny and have the stringers and floor redone. That will allow me to also pull the motor and pep it up a bit.

But this year it's carpet. So I got it all apart and here's what she looks like, there is some fine trimming to still do, but I was beat:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/boatinterior1_zps271cc547.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/boatinterior2_zpsbfa10b40.jpg

I'll add more as I go, right now I'm debating carpets. I got the samples from Corinthian Marine Carpet. I'm going to try Ingles carpet as well.

My plan is to get the new carpet and do the edges and seat bases first that way I have as much room to start with. Then I'll work the floor in, I hope.

haugy
02-03-2014, 11:42 AM
And since our forum is so brilliantly limited to 4 pictures, here is a pile o'interior.

I think the real challenge with this is going to be density and thickness. The factory stuff was pretty thin, so tolerances are going to be tough. Any advice is WELCOME! :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/boatinterior3_zpsaede7893.jpg

inair
02-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Ahum.....None of those are the original color and are not approved :rolleyes: But since I know from experience that original looking carpet is almost impossible to find these days........I guess.....

You know it had to be said.

haugy
02-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Yeah yeah. Red, I could match up. Blue I could match up. Gray, good luck. There are about a billion shades of gray. F that.

Besides, how do you know mine didn't look like that color before the years of neglect, mold, abuse, water, etc?

inair
02-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Of course you are right. I have no idea what was in there in the beginning. Just because I've never seen gray carpet in a boat of this vintage doesn't mean they didn't make them. Just pulling your chain. All that aside, since you have the black exterior and black piping on the interior I'd go with the dark grey. That is the one on the right. It seems to have the least blue in it.

crystal waters
02-03-2014, 08:37 PM
hey Haugy---wonder where you have been but now I understand! Nice neat job on your part so far!
Given your boat colors and interior colors , piping and trim being black I would go with the darker grey as well!
Unsure as to how much difference that would make for heat on the feet so- to -speak but definitely best co-ordination of colors!
Keep the pics coming as you progress for this may well be my next winter project as well!

haugy
02-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Inair Oh I know you're just playing. I'm not being serious. No worries.

Crystal waters, yeah man I've been laying low. Are you referencing the center sample? Yeah I thought about that, but you have to remember, when there is a lot of it, it becomes much stronger. Plus with my little buddies playing in there I've got to make sure heat isn't a problem.

It's definitely a tough call. But seeing as I'll probably being doing stringers and floor next year to shed this water weight I think the foam is carrying, if I choose poorly it will be quickly fixed. :D

What do y'all think of this carpet? It's from Ingles, (TNTitan used them for his). They have some 40oz Smoke colored in the middle of the page. Take a look. It looks like it's a better tighter weave than the samples I have.

http://inglescarpetinc.com/id67.html

biggsie
02-04-2014, 12:02 AM
Nice garage/shop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crystal waters
02-04-2014, 12:56 AM
Inair Oh I know you're just playing. I'm not being serious. No worries.

Crystal waters, yeah man I've been laying low. Are you referencing the center sample? Yeah I thought about that, but you have to remember, when there is a lot of it, it becomes much stronger. Plus with my little buddies playing in there I've got to make sure heat isn't a problem.

It's definitely a tough call. But seeing as I'll probably being doing stringers and floor next year to shed this water weight I think the foam is carrying, if I choose poorly it will be quickly fixed. :D

What do y'all think of this carpet? It's from Ingles, (TNTitan used them for his). They have some 40oz Smoke colored in the middle of the page. Take a look. It looks like it's a better tighter weave than the samples I have.

http://inglescarpetinc.com/id67.html

Love the smoke color- great choice IMHO!
Keep the pics coming as you progress!
Take care!

inair
02-04-2014, 10:04 AM
I have seen TNTitans carpet and liked it a lot. I looked pretty hard last year for the right carpet and didn't end up with something I like. It seems thin and cheap to me. TNTitans is thick and plush. Very nice. Eventually I will have to replace mine again and will get it from ingles.

haugy
02-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Yeah, it looks like you could just lay down and take a nap on TNTitan's carpet it's so plushy.

So now onto the question who has done it. Do I need to remove every piece of old scrap carpet to put new down? From what I've read the "glue" is thick and you can spread it like a tile trowel. If that's true, then as long as most of the old is off I can lay it right down on top of it. My concern is there is a lot of residual fiber left, and I want to make sure it adheres.

But being a glassed floor I can't do my normal removal process of a wire brush, sander, or some other power tool. I tried a scraper, and that went over like a fart in an elevator.

Anybody have any input on that?

TitanTn
02-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the compliments, and based on my experience I definitely like what I got from Ingles. I know several other forum members have too. I looked at Corinthians but it didn't seem quite as nice, but the price was more. Gray is a hard color to get exactly what you'd like, but I do like the swatch on the Ingles site. Give them a call and ask for them to send you a sample.

The glue is applied with a trowel and it works real well. I haven't had any issues in several years of use. I started with a new floor, so I didn't have the left-over fiber issues. I don't think you'll have any adhering problems, but you'll want to make sure that you don't have any bumps in the new carpet. I would consider a light palm power sander since the scraping didn't work. If you can sand just enough to get through most of the fiber, you'll leave the fiberglass largely untouched (or at least not diminished).

haugy
02-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Thanks for chiming in Titan, I assume you went with 40oz carpet? How pliable is it? As you can see I've got some bends and corners for it to work into. I figure I'll have to trim out the sides in sections so I can clamp them in place and let it cure before moving to the next section. Plus I've got to cram it under my seats and into the itty-bitty crack along the sides.

TitanTn
02-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Thanks for chiming in Titan, I assume you went with 40oz carpet? How pliable is it? As you can see I've got some bends and corners for it to work into. I figure I'll have to trim out the sides in sections so I can clamp them in place and let it cure before moving to the next section. Plus I've got to cram it under my seats and into the itty-bitty crack along the sides.

Actually no, mine was somewhere around 28-30 oz. I can't remember exactly. I would assume that 40 oz in not as pliable, but I would think it isn't too big of a deal. You might have to make relief cuts and you'll definitely have to use clamps (I did).

haugy
02-24-2014, 04:03 PM
Well I made an unsurprising discovery this weekend. I will have to eventually replace the stringers and floors on my Salt. It's no surprise because I know the history of the boat. This weekend, just confirmed it. Upon removing all the old crappy carpet that was put in years ago as a band-aid fix, I can see they also did a partial floor resto as well. I pulled some fiberglassed painted floor covering to reveal what is nice and wet wood underneath.

Which honestly, doesn't phase me much. I planned on redoing them, and in fact really needed a motivator to do it. In order to get this boat up to my standards and really have her kick ass, I would need to gut her, and rebuild her right. So I now know I have to. It is good enough to run another season, maybe two on though. I am trying to get my family into a larger home so the boys can run around like heathens and not drive mommy and daddy completely insane. :D So it's only being repaired on an "as-needed" basis.

So, it will be carpet this year. And after some samples, I'm back to torn on what to do. I got samples from Corinthian and Ingles. The Corinthian is clearly a nicer carpet, should be for the cost. But it also looks a lot like standard household carpet with the individual strands of fibers. The Ingles carpet does not have those individual strands. It looks like a consistent flow of carpet like you'd find in your car.

But here are some things I have to debate.

1) Thickness. I have to wedge this carpet into a lot of tight places. Too thick and I may not be able to. But also, thicker carpet will hide seams better where the floor meets the sides as those will be two individual cuts (walls first, then floor last)
2) Fiber material. The Ingles carpet sheds all over the place, and I mean everywhere. While I know it's new, holy moly. I don't want to pick up and vacuum it for weeks. And I don't want anyone who's walked through the boat to track carpet fibers all over my seats. The Corinthian holds together great, no shedding from the lightweight or premium stuff.
3) Colors. Hell I can't pick colors for crap. I'll post a picture, but I'm so torn on this.
4) Cost. Corinthian is two times higher. After doing the math it would cost me about $350 from Ingles, and about $640 from Corinthian.
5) Plushiness (yeah I made that up). The Corinthian is very soft and plushy. The ingles isn't bad, but with two kids (one baby, one toddler) I don't want the astroturf feel either. But a part of me thinks having too thick will fell weird too.

So there's my quandry. What do you guys think? Am I over-analyzing this? Especially since next year I may do a full floor resto and the carpet will be new again.

TitanTn
02-24-2014, 05:04 PM
Well, sorry about the stringer news, but honestly we all knew it was just a matter of time. Love your attitude about it.

Over thinking the carpet issue? Yeah, you are. But hey, that's half the fun. And there's nothing I hate more than making an un-informed decision and realizing later that I could have ended up with something better, cheaper, etc.

As someone who has installed the Ingles carpet, I can give some feedback on it specifically. The shedding only lasted for about 2-3 vacuums. After that, it's been no problem at all. And I certainly don't think it looks astro-turf-ish at all. It has a factory look to me. I think the plushier carpet would look and feel awkward. I guess it's all what you get used to, but I also think the thicker carpet will be harder to install (bend, wrap, etc). And it's got to hold moisture more than the stock flavor of carpet.

Colors? You're on your own. My wife vetoed any of my "creative" ideas and ultimately I'm glad she did. I like what I ended up with.

I don't have any close-ups of my carpet, but here's the best overall view.

http://unumemarketing.com/boat/led_left2.jpg

http://unumemarketing.com/boat/fun/bday_lake_boat.jpg

haugy
02-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Rob, your boat is primarily what is keeping me looking at Ingles. And I didn't mean for the "astro-turf" comment to come off like it did. What I meant was it has a uniform look to it versus being able to see individual strands. I know it's not some trailer park garbage.

Your boat is also what keeps me leaning towards Ingles. The 20oz is very easily manipulated and workable. The color, I'm still debating. But the info about the shedding helps. I also thought the thick carpet might be too much. And your right about the water. I was thinking about dirt and grime as well.

Eh, screw it. I think I'll go with something that won't hurt my wallet on this pass and go with what I know others have had success with. If I don't like it, I know I'll be able to change it in a year or two.

Now comes the color. I'll post up the color samples tonight.

Supra_Comp
02-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Rob, your boat is primarily what is keeping me looking at Ingles. And I didn't mean for the "astro-turf" comment to come off like it did. What I meant was it has a uniform look to it versus being able to see individual strands. I know it's not some trailer park garbage.

Your boat is also what keeps me leaning towards Ingles. The 20oz is very easily manipulated and workable. The color, I'm still debating. But the info about the shedding helps. I also thought the thick carpet might be too much. And your right about the water. I was thinking about dirt and grime as well.

Eh, screw it. I think I'll go with something that won't hurt my wallet on this pass and go with what I know others have had success with. If I don't like it, I know I'll be able to change it in a year or two.

Now comes the color. I'll post up the color samples tonight.

Sounds like you are making the right choice knowing you have to rip it up in a couple of years! I am in the same "boat" as it is hard to find quality plush marine carpet north of the border, most types are something you would find on a party barge.

Is Ingles a distributor or do they manufacture the carpet?

haugy
02-25-2014, 11:15 AM
I believe Ingles is a distributor. I'm not 100% on that.

Here are my pictures for review. You can see texture and color. Color is where I'm having the hardest time. You can see in the first posts up top my floor before the change, and with the new samples in place from Corinthian.

#1. You can see the Corinthian on top (3) and the Ingles on the bottom (2)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/carpet1_zpse0bded12.jpg

#2. Up close shot of the Ingles carpet samples

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Carpet3_zps8e841317.jpg

#3. Up close shot of the Corinthian samples

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Carpet4_zps79a9c987.jpg

#4. Up close and personal of both to show texture.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/carpet6_zps078bf154.jpg

haugy
04-14-2014, 04:19 PM
I'll snap some pictures and progress tonight. But I've cut out the main floor and side/seat pieces. I've got one big piece for the floor, and one piece for each side.
After trying and trying different ways it's going to have to go together like this.

1) Main floor first. The top cap is to tight on the floor for any kind a stuffing under the edges like before. So I had to trim right to the edges. In order to properly hide those seams and edges when looking down, they need to be covered from the top. Thus I'll be doing the sides after the floor is done.
2) Sides next. One the floor is down solid I'll also have good experience with the adhesive to debate using it, or a spray adhesive. The downside to spray adhesive is I will already have new carpet down and if I'm not careful, overspray could get on it.

Right now I'm trying to find adhesive. I can order some from West Marine, but will have to wait a couple of days. If you've done this project, what did you use?

TitanTn
04-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to pics...

I used this kind of adhesive. http://www.lowes.com/pd_10464-70680-7047255021_0__

I was hesitant at first because it wasn't specifically called out as being for marine use, but after talking with some marine builders and reading the product description, I decided it was likely the same as anything West Marine would be offering.

I'm glad I went this route. It worked great and has lasted really well. Follow the instructions, clamp well, and let it completely dry. You'll then be good to go.

haugy
04-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the link. Seeing as I how I can only clamp on the seat bases I'm planning on using cinderblocks and pieces of wood against the sides to hold it on. If I use a good roller do I need anything on the floor?

TitanTn
04-14-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the link. Seeing as I how I can only clamp on the seat bases I'm planning on using cinderblocks and pieces of wood against the sides to hold it on. If I use a good roller do I need anything on the floor?

No, I didn't use anything on the floor. It should be fine. I used clamps, weights, and just pressure of any kind when wrapping around corners.

ssa
04-14-2014, 07:54 PM
I can't speak to long term use but I used the glue Titan posted from Lowe's to reglue some of the carpet in mine that had come loose and it worked great.

haugy
04-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Thanks for chiming in SSA. Two people saying it has worked is comforting.

Well I was planning on doing it yesterday, but the temperature here has gone haywire. It was 29 degrees down here last night. It was 80 degrees 4 days ago. So I need to make sure the temps are up a bit before applying otherwise I'll be waiting forever for it to cure.

Also, for those who used the Lowe's product. I assume one gallon is enough for the floor? Does it get tacky quick? I may have to adjust as I go, but also I'm debating on using this stuff on the sides as well. I have spray adhesive that is supposed to get tacky real quick so that might help adhere, but also gives me no room for error.

TitanTn
04-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Yep, we had that same cold snap. Hopefully that's the last one and summer is on its way.

I honestly can't remember, but I think one gallon will be close. If you're only doing the floor you should make it. I also considered using a spray adhesive, but honestly I don't know that it would've had the longevity that the glue does (especially when you're wrapping around edges/corners). I am very pleased with using the glue. It was forgiving when applying and the hardened result is long lasting. The only negative is low holding strength until it dries. It doesn't get tacky quick. It I were doing it again, I'd use the glue exclusively no matter where the carpet is going. Floor, sides, top, whatever.

haugy
04-16-2014, 06:42 PM
That's good info Titan, thanks. The low tack might help me as I adjust and make sure my carpet is dead on for the floor, as well as the sides. But that also concerns me on my sides because it's not easy to clamp on like if it was apart. I have to place most of it before I can brace it. I can't place, clamp, place, clamp, etc. If it won't hold at all this might be a problem. Seeing as the sides won't see any traffic other than the occasional rub, I may try the spray adhesive. It's only got to last one season anyways.

I'll do the floor first and see what I can experiment from it. I may have an idea to hold up the top of the sides. I may place screws where my wood rails go, but only through the carpet to hold them in place. That might help keep gravity from pulling it away, and then give me enough time to then get the sides braced. Ugh, this is going to be fun I can tell.

haugy
05-27-2014, 09:42 AM
Alright, time to update this. The interior is all done on the Saltare.

To update you on what all I did, break out the reading glasses.

So I removed all the old carpet, and that was an insane mess of fiber, old glue, and carpet. The tricky part is getting the carpet out from under the seats and along the sides. On these boats, the carpet is wrapped from front to back on the walls and seat bases. When the top cap is apart, that's easy and makes for a clean edge. With the boat still together it's not the same. I would pull the carpet from the top of the walls and free it all the way to the bottom where it would begin to wrap under the edges. I took a blade and cut it as far under as I could.

Once I removed all the old carpet that I could reach I then took a wire wheel on a corded power drill and went to town. Break out the safety glasses and breathing protection on this part. I'm serious. I'm not a worry wart normally, I've done way too much welding and work without protection. But on this you need to be CAREFUL!! Due to the abrasiveness of the floor on the wire wheel I was finding little bits of the wire everywhere, even on me. So wear good eye protection. Not just glasses. The fine dust that I stirred up was a combo of fiberglass dust, glue, and resin. I'm sure that this stuff was probably not the best thing to breathe back in 1990. So good breathing protection.

However, this technique worked great. I easily removed all the old carpet, glue residue, and anything else that would prevent a good bond. It does take some time, but it's not arduous. Here is the boat after all the carpet has been stripped: *Note, on my pictures you can see the port side floor is different from the starboard, that is some half-assed patch job that was done on the boat by the PO's mechanic. This whole process was to check to my floors*

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/IMG_0008_zpscf7dcb46.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/IMG_0002_zps4dcd94fd.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/IMG_0004_zps09a14c3c.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/IMG_0003_zps76e928b7.jpg

haugy
05-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Next was prep work. This part took the longest time. Because the engine was still in the boat, along with the pylon, and the sides, I couldn't just throw the carpet in and trim to fit.

I made some general measurements and then added 6 inches each time. I measured the floor first, at the widest points. Then the length I would need. Because of the tight fit of the seat bases I would not be able to run the carpet under them. I needed to run the carpet right up to them, and trim.

Once I had a big rectangle of carpet cut and prepared, then came the tricky part. I needed to measure my engine cut out. Obviously I don't want to overdo it and have no carpet showing somewhere. So I measured all dimensions to center the engine cut-out where I needed. I then made sure I made it too narrow and not long enough. I had planned to under-do it so I could trim as needed versus overcutting. Turns out I was able to wiggle the carpet over and around the engine without cutting. I then trimmed the excess as needed.

The fun part was placing the pylon hole. I had to make sure my engine cut would fit so I rolled up the carpet and left the hole open. That meant I had a roll of carpet trying to squeeze between the block and the pylon. But it was necessary to make sure the engine was done first. Once I knew it was, I made my measurements for the pylon. I had to cut a line from the engine hole to a small cutout for the pylon. What I did for the pylon was to make a "+ cut". One slit up, one slit sideways. I didn't cut an actual hole so I could trim it to fit once it was in place. However in order to get over the T-bar on the pylon I would have to make a very large cut. So I opted to make my front-to-back cut go all the way to the engine cut out. This would make it easy to slide over and place. Then I could line up the seam upon gluing.

Once I had the floor piece in place and aligned, now it was time to trim. I wouldn't be able to easily trim once I put the glue down so I needed to trim this as if it was going down right then. I used some workout weights to hold the carpet in place as I moved and trimmed so it wouldn't move and I mis-cut. I cut enough to leave just a 1/2 inch to a 1/4 inch overlap. In some places I could tuck this under the sides or under a seat base. If I had no choice it was trimmed tight.

* A TIP* Get a carpet cutting knife for this project, it works much better than my exacto blades. And also it's 1000 times easier to cut carpet from the backing side.

So now my floor is cut, trimmed, and ready. Next I did the same thing with the sides, but with the floor piece in place. I trimmed and measured. But the good thing is I could leave it long on the top. It folds over the seat bases and side pieces, so when it's all glued I can trim the excess with ease. The trick to all of this is leave yourself some excess, everywhere. You can trim it later if needed. But if you overcut once, you'll have gaps and holes.

Now, I have all my carpet prepped, trimmed, and ready to place. Time to glue. That was actually the easiest part. I knocked out the floor in about an hour. Spread the glue, place the carpet and make sure you don't have any wrinkles or bumps. Then let cure for 48 hours. Repeat for the sides.

Here are pictures of the floor down, and the walls curing. I've glued the top pieces of carpet down and you can see I'm using the weight of wood blocks to hold it down.
You can also see an old piece of carpet in place just to reference the difference in color.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/IMG_0024_zps36b2362a.jpg

While that was curing I began work on the doghouse. Holy crap.

Well the doghouse was in bad shape, but not terrible. I decided to save it rather than rebuild as I will probably have to do that when I redo the floors anyways. The base carpet is held on by glue on the flat face side. But the rest is held together by one billion effing staples. I swear to god, whoever was on the staple gun that day had 8 espressos and was an epileptic. Jeeeeezus. I used a pair of needle nose pliers and pulled out every one of those effing staples. If you are good with wood-work (which I am not), build the sucker. It will be easier.

Once I all the old crap off, I placed the new carpet and glued the face down first. Then I took my staple gun and was way more conservative with my staples.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/IMG_0037_zpsdbc1189d.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/IMG_0038_zps22d39911.jpg

TitanTn
05-27-2014, 10:01 AM
So is this just a tease? Do we get to see the finished product?

haugy
05-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Then, finally, it came to putting her all back together. I finished up some of the remaining pieces, driveshaft access hatch, side panel under the helm, under the seats, etc.

All in all I'm very pleased. It's not perfect in my eyes, but it will certainly do.

However this is the lightest carpet that they offered, and it's VERY DARK. I'd be vary wary about ordering gray from them.
It's very plushy compared to my old carpet. It's not real hot, but it does get fairly warm in 85 degrees, we'll see how she does in the real heat.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/IMG_0131_zpsac4dcd20.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/IMG_0130_zps0125f6e0.jpg

haugy
05-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Well geez Rob, the forum only lets me post 4 dang pictures at a time. Patience. *can't even insert a smiley to show I'm kidding*

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/IMG_0139_zps6b4d836f.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/IMG_0138_zpsb4b51e2c.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/IMG_0137_zps7d7c3205.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Saltare/IMG_0136_zps8079a00d.jpg

TitanTn
05-27-2014, 10:24 AM
My patience has worn thin lately! But your carpet looks great. I'm sure it'll feel plenty hot in the sun as I think all carpet is hot to bare feet under summer sun. There's just no getting around it.

Carpet is great, but the whole interior is looking great as well. Looking forward to seeing it in person this summer.

lively
05-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Looks great ! Looks like my kind of living room ! Wish I had a garage I could park mine in .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haugy
05-28-2014, 09:46 AM
Lively, it does have its perks to getting away from everything. Nothing like kicking on some tunes, turning on only the lights the shine on the boat, and sipping on some good whiskey to relax.