PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info about 1998 Supra Legacy

gogger
02-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Came across a 1998 Legacy on line at what seems to be a reasonable price. Pics aren't the best to figure out much about the boat. He says in the ad that it is 22 feet long. I searched on here for legacy and some were saying it was a comp with an open bow. Is it a deep free board boat? This guy doesn't seem to know much about it. He was at a UFO convention in Phoenix when I called him. Any chance it has some built in ballast? 650 hours on the engine. Indmar corvette engine is what he says it has. Wife would like the open bow. And composite stringers wouldn't hurt. Any ideas what a good price would be?

gogger
02-14-2014, 09:36 PM
After a little more research. Don't think it is the boat for me. But if anyone else is interested.

http://chillicothe.craigslist.org/boa/4326661462.html

Ptownkid
02-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Jeez, that's cheap, too bad she's shallow.

cadunkle
02-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Good price even with the low freeboard of a comp hull, but not great for wake sports and I suspect it won't feel nearly as roomy inside as a Pirata, even with the open bow. Personally I'd rather have a Pirata than that. I have a Saltare and while the open bow is really nice to have I don't actually use it all that much aside from occasionally sitting there if floating, stowing gear, or when anchoring or docking in some situations. No kids though, and usually a 3-4 person crew focused on riding. It is nice for when I have kids on the boat or just a larger group of people. After having a Saltare I think the only way I could go smaller and not feel constricted is if it were vdrive as the layout would give more open space to not feel too cramped.

Zim
02-16-2014, 06:19 PM
I'd opt for the Sanger. As an owner of an 06 vdrive 20 footer, even my boat gets cramped with 6-7 people in it. Couldn't imagine having a big motor to walk around.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

gogger
02-17-2014, 09:18 PM
The Legacy looks like a nice little boat. I thought the price was right to consider it. I am sure someone could talk the seller down.

For now the pirate ship is fine. When it is just the guys boarding, it works great. But when the wife is with us, she doesn't like having to move around and getting dripped on and crawling over ballast. She thinks she would like chilling in the bow, while we do our thing.

A v-drive would be great. Hopefully sometime down the line. Would be nice if I could keep the Pirata and get a v-drive.

TitanTn
02-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Gogger - if you recall Bo (Karolina Kid) from the reunion last year, he drives a Legacy. It is a low freeboard boat and the wake is similar to a comp. I don't know that it's the exact hull of a comp, but it's close for sure.

haugy
02-20-2014, 05:34 PM
It's the modern day Mariah. I was actually steering a buddy towards this, even without seeing this thread. But the guy says he has someone coming this saturday to supposedly buy it.

It's no big fat Sunsport or Saltare, but a very nice boat all around.