PDA

View Full Version : Selling 1990 Comp - what's it worth?

Powderhound
03-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Need help in coming up with asking price for 1990 Comp. Hull in good shape with 1100 hrs on motor. Skins replaced 10 yrs ago so still in good shape although back seat needs to be re-done. Floor replaced about 7 yrs ago and stringers under floor good at that time. Trailer has been rebuilt + new snap on travel cover added last yr and boat has Bimini.
Problem is that I discovered the dreaded stringer rot under motor mounts when winterizing last fall. Buying new used boat instead of repairing so need to unload but feel its still worth something....
Appreciate all thoughts...thanks!

bens250ex
03-02-2014, 05:24 PM
If stringers need replacing I would say 1000-2000 area.

Powderhound
03-06-2014, 01:34 AM
Just wondering what it would be worth if I fixed the stringers under motor mounts.

TitanTn
03-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Just wondering what it would be worth if I fixed the stringers under motor mounts.

To someone who doesn't care how long it lasts - maybe it'd be worth a little more. But to someone who wanted to buy a boat to last more than a couple of seasons - likely not a dollar more. It's like having 4 bald tires and replacing 2. It's better than it was, but likely not worth a whole lot more.

chris young
03-06-2014, 04:13 PM
When you say you replaced the floor, how did you do it? I would say that if you wanted to get several more seasons out of it you could just do the motor mount stringers with Nida Bond. A video is worth a thousand words. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CMsjayPACs

If I was hunting for a slalom tug on the cheap, I'd gladly pay 3K for a Comp with trailer in nice shape with a good motor and solid mounts. Even if I knew the stringers were suspect. Now if I was planning on adding a tower and ballast and all that stuff, I'd look elsewhere.

92SupraComp
03-06-2014, 04:40 PM
gladly spend $3K?

2012:
$3k bought our relative a mint condition 1988 CC Martinique B/R with 300 hours, original owners, no ski pylon so it was never abused, seats were brand new, garage kept, new starter and battery, most solid original construction we have seen when buying a used boat... single axle trailer with good tires....

for us in 2010:
$5K 1989 CC Martinique B/R 600 hours, new battery, snap on covers, and full weather cover, stringers in great shape, some blemishes in seats... and tandem axle trailer that needed new tires

idk, $3k still seems high...

Powderhound
03-08-2014, 02:28 AM
When you say you replaced the floor, how did you do it? I would say that if you wanted to get several more seasons out of it you could just do the motor mount stringers with Nida Bond. A video is worth a thousand words. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CMsjayPACs

If I was hunting for a slalom tug on the cheap, I'd gladly pay 3K for a Comp with trailer in nice shape with a good motor and solid mounts. Even if I knew the stringers were suspect. Now if I was planning on adding a tower and ballast and all that stuff, I'd look elsewhere.

Floor was replaced by someone else. Paid $1500 and they replaced from covered bow to stern. Checked Nida bond video and interesting way of repairing. Really think stringers are only gone by the mounts as my guess is water leaking from muffler got into the unsealed motor mounts.
Guess I will see what I ca get for it in the 2 k range.
Thanks