PDA

View Full Version : Fibrenew out of Rocky Mount NC and boat interior job on LaBrisa

LKG-Supra
03-09-2014, 01:12 PM

Some of you guys I guess have seen my post and questions about interior work on the supras....I have been quoted anywhere from $2700-$4000 to fix my interior, which to be honest, wasn't in bad shape. No rot on any of the wood, just basically a skin replacement. The seat bottoms from use were the most damaged parts on my boat. I wasn't about to pay $4k for an interior job on a boat, hell top dollar on the boat in awesome shape was $9500...so $4k was out of the question for an interior job...lol. Anyhoo...I got to using google and searching for upholstery repair and came across a company called fibrenew, www.fibrenew.com . I called the guy, he drove an hour here, looked at the boat and said I can get it in great shape with some good cleaning and a few repairs. He is actually located in Spring Hope, which is close to Rocky Mount, NC. He told me most of my interior was in really good shape and was even still pliable and soft. So they took the rear seat top and bottom, sundeck, spotter seat bottom, flip up seat, and driver seat bottom and recovered all of those. He even took the time to match up the green/pinkish red cording on the trim work. All done with marine grade vinyl. He delivered them this morning and we just got thru installing them. Next will come a good cleaning/preserver on the parts he didn't recover and it looks as if its all gonna match up pretty good after the cleaning process with the area he tested. Anyway...wanted to post up a few pics for now, once its all cleaned and treated I will post the rest to see how it all matches up. Added 10+ positive years to the boat by doing these simple pieces. Total cost on the entire job was $670. I highly suggest if you live close enough, check out the fibrenew website and contact David from Fibrenew East if you need any interior work done. You might could even send him your skins for repair.

michael hunter
03-11-2014, 10:58 AM
So what exactly did he do ? Was the vinyl replaced or repaired?

TitanTn
03-16-2014, 08:20 AM
That looks really nice. I'll be interested to see the final result after the cleaning.

LKG-Supra
03-16-2014, 06:17 PM
My seats were recovered...the side bolsters and some trim pieces/panels were left the original. Boat interior cleaned up fairly well. A little color difference because the new is super bright, but a season of use here it will all match. Will get some photos up soon.....been busy working.