PDA

View Full Version : Impeller Installation Question

Smitty75
03-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Just got done swapping the impeller on my 21v and had a slight concern as to the seating of the impeller within the housing. Seemed like the one I replaced was recessed slightly in the housing before I removed it. However, the one I put in came all the way to the edge of the housing and maybe even hung over a hair. The cover still went on, just not sure if it was actually seated all the way in. I moved it around pretty good until it finally pushed in that far, but it was as far as it would go. I'm not sure at this point if it will rub on the housing cover a little, or maybe after it breaks in a little it will seat in there a little more.

Has anyone run into this?

crystal waters
03-17-2014, 07:42 PM
my neighbor has!
turned out the dealer sold him the wrong impeller.
took it back and got it corrected!

CJD
03-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Mine is recessed just a bit, like 1/32" to 1/16" from the edge of the housing. It's rubber, so I am sure the housing can be clamped on it...but you may want to make sure you have the right one. Did you have the old impeller to compare?

Smitty75
03-21-2014, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I pulled the new one back out and it looked the same and was the same model #. I even stuck the old one back in and now it fit flush. I think it must have been set in a little from use as it was the original (170 hours). I'll just keep an eye on it and make sure nothing leaks and the temp stays down