PDA

View Full Version : Here's my new (to me) Supra Sunsport 1992

Patfan
03-28-2014, 08:27 AM
I drove down to Florida end of August last season and picked this up......Only gout it out a few times before I have to put it away for the winter. Just waiting for the weather to warm up a little to get back out on the lake.

Been trolling on this site for a while, lots of good info.

MDVols
03-28-2014, 09:06 AM
Sweet! Had it ever been in salt water?

ssa
03-28-2014, 09:17 AM
Is that the boat out of Ft. Myers? If so that was a good deal I called about it 2 weeks after it sold. Either way nice boat.

Patfan
03-28-2014, 09:34 AM
He said never been in salt water, and YES it was the one from Ft Meyers...boat is in great condition.

92SupraComp
03-29-2014, 12:42 AM
Nice find!! Find a way to treat the plastic dash! And cover it if you let it sit in the sun for extended hours! Our dash just completely came apart (the gray face plates). It gets extremely brittle. Ours went through 8 Texas summers and winters under 2 tarps and that didn't treat the dash too well... I made up some carbon fiber panels but the one with the speedos and tach has the engine warning lights that I'm not sure on to re-create, still have that piece even though its split in half...

Patfan
03-29-2014, 07:52 AM
Thank you, the dash is in good shape now. I guess I'll throw a towel over it when summer gets here.
I have to post some recent pics, since I purchased the boat I have tinted the windshield, put new graphics on it, new stereo system w/12 sub under dash, stainless cup holders, stainless shift knob, and painted the trailer.

timski
03-31-2014, 03:29 AM
Welcome to the 92 Supra Sunsport party. I have one here in Cajun Country for 5 years this summer and I love mines since I pic it up used from somewhere in the state of Illinois. Great all around boat and compsite stringers that's the key!!!!

Patfan
03-31-2014, 08:39 AM
Your Supra looks to be in great shape....What tower do you have?