PDA

View Full Version : Storage ideas??

FULL-THROTTLE
03-31-2014, 06:25 PM
Summer on the way,

Hey folks I have a 95 Hydrodyne Gran Sport and it has no storage for ski's, life vests ect, I want to buy (or build if I have to) a bench seat with hinged top that sits behind the drivers seat and goes all the way back to the bench seat in the back. It needs to have enough room to allow the engine cover to open. Has anyone done something like this??

If you have any idea's or pic's send them my way.

I do have wakeboard racks on the tower.

Thanks,

Fran

mtndreamer
04-01-2014, 08:32 PM
I am thinking of the same thing. Saw this mastercraft photo and thought it looked possible13889

trayson
04-02-2014, 11:23 AM
I am thinking of the same thing. Saw this mastercraft photo and thought it looked possible13889

Damn, that's pretty cool. I like how they are thinking out of the box.

99bison
04-02-2014, 03:57 PM
I says make a lounge bench next to motor where this short bench seat and you would have a ton of storage in there.

chris young
04-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Great idea since that's where the skis end up anyways, the only downside I can see is access to the starboard side of the motor is a bit restricted.

mtndreamer
04-02-2014, 05:52 PM
When I do mine I was thinking of making it in two pieces and having latches that secures the pieces to the floor in four spots . I have seen so stainless clasps before. I would carpet every thing so you could remove the lounge if you wanted. I am going to raise the back seat at the same time to accommodate a little more storage. My friend did that on his 89 pro star and it's really comfortable to sit in. I still want to keep the curve look of the backseat bolsters to make it look stock. My question is ballast putting all the weight on one side. I am adding a second battery and some subs so I was thinking getting that weight on the right to offset.

Zim
04-03-2014, 03:48 PM
It'd be really sweet if you actually molded the bench from fiberglass rather than wood. That'd really look nice if you did gelcoat over some glass to make it look like it belongs in there. What MC does with the x14 is sweet (that boat pictured above). Gives a nice lounge seat to watch the action.

FULL-THROTTLE
04-07-2014, 02:10 PM
I like that, it is what I had in mind, it does make a nice lounge seat.

Thanks