PDA

View Full Version : Maintaing the Shine

LKA_SUPRA24SSV
02-02-2007, 03:29 PM
What products do you guys use to keep you boat looking new? I currently use Zaino Brothers Polish on my truck and that is what I am consider for my boat, along with 303 for the interior.

H2Oman
02-03-2007, 03:36 PM
I have found great success with the following:
At the lake I towel off the water spots quickly for the trip home. Once I get home I clean the boat every time and store it in my garage.

On the Exterior I spray it off to remove any dust or dirt that got on it on the way home and then use:
Water Ducky - Ducky Detailer each time on all gel coat surfaces
Water Ducky - Water spot remover (if needed)
I alternate every 4 times to Meguiar's Quick clean
I use a spray bottle with water in it to clean all chrome and aluminum / metal surfaces.

I use on the Interior:
Vinylex by Lexol
I alternate every 4 times to 303

On the Windows:
Invisible Glass by Stoner

I wash my boat with Meguiar's Boat wash once a month to every 6 weeks and then spray and wipe it down with Ducky Detailer.

Twice a year I wax with Meguiar's Boat Pure Wax. (When I lived in Arizona I did this 4 times a year due to the year round season and the intense sun/heat.)

I vacuum the boat after every trip. If deeper carpet cleaning is needed I mix warm water and a SMALL amount of Woolite and clean the spot. I then rinse it and vacuum it dry.

Hope you find it useful.

DKJBama92Mariah
02-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Zaino rocks. I just wish i had the time and the patience for it.

LKA_SUPRA24SSV
02-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the tips. I bet your boat looks like new?

I just sold a boat last year and even though it was 4 years old, the people who purchased it said it looked like it was never used, even though it had over 300 hours on it.

IndyMatt
03-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Straight out of the water I use Fantastic on everything; Wax 3 times a season & my 04 still shines like new. Fantastic is actually recommended in the literature for the interior but works great on the hull as well!!

wakecrazy21v
03-11-2007, 09:04 PM
I use fantastic also, works great I also wax often.

lowdrag
03-12-2007, 01:01 AM
I use Zaino on my vehicles as well. Great stuff. I use it on my boat also and it seems to do just as good of a job there. It's the longest lasting lasting product I've found. It's also about the easiest to put on and take off and the results are better than anything I've used before.

LKA_SUPRA24SSV
03-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I will probably stick with the Zaino as I have been very happy with it. Sal suggested not using the one for clear coats, but the other one. I have know idea why, but I thought the boats were clear coated.