PDA

View Full Version : Blower motor location 2000 Launch

td in nc
04-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Where is the location of the blower motor on a 2000 supra launch direct drive. Mine is not working, I did a quick look and did not see it. Assuming it is in the back of the boat but I hate to pull gas tank to find out it is somewhere else.
Thanks

Cusefan78
04-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Trace it back from the blower ports. My labrisa has two and they are below the gas tank and easy to get to

td in nc
04-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Okay I am still unable to locate the blower motors - starting to wonder if PO took them out. I looked under gas tank, in transom exit ports (no hoses connected to ports)

Any help on location would be appreciated. Did not think it would be hard to locate

Cusefan78
04-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Unless someone has a death wish they aren't removing the blower motors. You should see a 3" black plastic tube that looks like a dryer vent. My supra has one on each side. My blowers are on the outside of the two silencers, screwed into the joists

td in nc
04-13-2014, 06:32 PM
I think they must have. The blower hose is not connected in the battery compartment and the are not blowers near the silencers (which I just installed as they had straight PVC). If someone would post a pic of theirs for the direct drive 2000 vintage, I would really appreciate it.

td in nc
04-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Okay, I installed the new blower motor and exhaust hose, the PO definitely removed it. When I was attaching the power source for the fan, I noticed that the ETA fuse has a short in it. Does anyone know the amp for the blower, the lettering was completely faded out on the sticker of the fuse?

Thanks

wotan2525
04-23-2014, 03:22 PM
PO had also removed the blowers from my boat. No idea what they were thinking.....