PDA

View Full Version : Speedo

Grumpy
04-21-2014, 10:22 PM
I have an 07 Launch 20SSV. Currently the speedos are not working. I am in two minds with the fault one probably the cause I forgot to pull out the transducer and put the plug in on a long distance drive and 2 I replaced ECM at the same time.

IF the speedo is not working do I need to change the complete AIRMAR tri transducer or can I just replace the paddle wheel. ( Paddle wheel looks ok but spins very freely )

Or did i need to recalibrate the speedo when I changed the ECM

Any help would be great.

Zim
04-22-2014, 01:54 PM
I have an 07 Launch 20SSV. Currently the speedos are not working. I am in two minds with the fault one probably the cause I forgot to pull out the transducer and put the plug in on a long distance drive and 2 I replaced ECM at the same time.

IF the speedo is not working do I need to change the complete AIRMAR tri transducer or can I just replace the paddle wheel. ( Paddle wheel looks ok but spins very freely )

Or did i need to recalibrate the speedo when I changed the ECM

Any help would be great.

It's going to depend on the problem as to what you'll replace. Check the little connection that connects the transducer to the wiring that goes to the guage. Should be a grey water sealed electric plug that will be in the bilge close to the transducer. Try spraying some electrical cleaner in there. Also, check and make sure you still have the blades on your paddle wheel. If all of that checks out, make sure no wires have come loose behind the guages. If you still hvae problems, you may have to do some voltage tests to see where your problem lies... I can't help you with that, I'm still working on my speedo issue too. Unfortunately, I think I need to replace my transducer, and if that's the case I may as well just get stargazer for my perfect pass. Does your boat have perfect[ass?