PDA

View Full Version : Garage storage

Bazel
02-07-2007, 01:41 PM
To anyone with a 24 SSV I am wondering what size garages you have and door height. I am trying to figure out the best options for next summer.

Thanks

H2Oman
02-08-2007, 12:14 AM
This was / is a big deal for me as well. I have a 3-car garage that is 19ft deep and 28ft wide. The door is 7ft tall. Once S.C. developed the removable tower feet I ordered my boat. It is quite a dance when I put the boat in the garage. It takes up 2 1/2 car spaces diagonally and clears the door opening by 2 inches at the top of the window. It is so close that if the window is open, it won't make it. I purchased a power caster electric boat/trailer/airplane dolly to maneuver the boat into and out of the garage. It fits and I have a little room to fit a few other items. My wife tells it like this “it fits like spandex on a fat lady, there is very little wiggle room.”

LKA_SUPRA24SSV
02-08-2007, 04:48 PM
It does not matter how it fits as long it makes it in. Your baby will be out of the elements and that is whats important.

H2Oman
02-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Absolutely!

Supra_fan
02-09-2007, 02:25 PM
I love the power caster idea, I struggle getting my boat into/out of the garage. I have an '06 24SSV and my garage door is 10' wide X 12' tall(fits, but it tight on the sides). I'm lucky to not have to deal with taking the tower down each time.

H2Oman
02-09-2007, 07:07 PM
I have to take off the tower each time (all the way down to the feet). I have a system that works. Once the boat is in the garage I hang the tower from the ceiling of my garage on a pulley system supporting each corner.

The power caster came from www.powermoverinc.net and it works great. It takes very little effort to use and makes it easy to line up the boat to fit just right each time.

LKA_SUPRA24SSV
02-10-2007, 04:10 AM
The Powermover looks very interesting. I planned on hooking a hitch on a tractor for the tight task, but this is another idea.