PDA

View Full Version : BALLAST??? for a 2011 launch 22v

mwhagar
04-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Just purchased a 2011 launch 22v and I am curious what a good setup is for wakesurfing. I am new to the v drive boat and will be a begginer at surfing. i just have a feeling i wont be happy with the factory 1450 lbs of ballast. Any suggestions? I usually have 5-6 adults with me and a couple of kids and typically a full tank of fuel.

cigars n scotch
04-24-2014, 08:36 PM
Call wakemakers, solved!

750s or more than likely 1100s in the rear.

blackout_58
04-24-2014, 10:20 PM
I run the 1100 from wake makers on the surf side with the driver side partially filled and the center completely full. Having an extra 1100 lbs makes a world of a difference. If you have to run stock, switch the center bag to your surf side and vice versa and that should help until you get your upgrade.

Wylietunes
04-24-2014, 10:28 PM
If you want to know what the best ballast setup is for a particular boat, a ballast parts retailer would be the last I would consult. Owners of said boat would be the first source for how to set the boat up.

Once you know whats needed, just know that Wakemakers is not the only kid on the block. Some places just sell ballast stuff, while others actually install it.

Kma4444
04-25-2014, 07:52 AM
Bags, stuff all your enclosed spaces with big bags them you can play with endless possibilities!!!!! But seriously, that's the best option. Put big bags next to the engine, maybe do like I did and extend them up under the seats. I had a custom bag done but the enzo bag works perfectly fine and is way cheaper than a custom. link bags together and fill even more spaces. It's all really easy, just don't waste money buying a bunch of small bags, if the bag is larger than the area that's fine, you can fill it as much as you want, the bag will follow the contours of it's enclosure.

I have a thread on here how I have our 242. I will likely be adding an enzo bag to the left side this year just to maximize the options. I rarely run with everything full as I can get a nice wake with several combinations of weight.

First rule, have fun!!!!!!!

mwhagar
04-25-2014, 02:12 PM
by adding bags and linking them together how will that affect my vision screen? will i need to manually run the switches ?

PATROLW871
04-25-2014, 10:12 PM
All you will need to do is change the timing in the set up menu...

dancinbear
04-26-2014, 10:10 AM
Just sold my 2011 but I had upgraded it to the 1100's, and it threw a sick wave. I also would put another 400 in the bow, and sometimes another 400 on the side, gave me a nice long wave. I always used the manual switches because I never adjusted the timers. Have fun!

mwhagar
04-26-2014, 11:42 AM
I want to upgrade to 1110 on port side and add a bow bag linked to my center sac. so I can just change the timing in left, center, and right regardless of the different size of bags? correct? because it just changes the amount of time it lets water in and out? or should I just put 1100s on either side

dand393
04-26-2014, 06:22 PM
I run 1100's in the rear lockers, stock 650 in the ski locker and plumbed in a 650 IBS sac under the front seats plumbed into my ski locker pump with a bosworth directional valve from wakemakers.

2009 supra 22ssv LF

mwhagar
04-26-2014, 06:38 PM
tahnks for the heads up. do you run it manually or from you vision screen

Kma4444
04-27-2014, 09:09 AM
I just changed the timers and run my bags from the Vision screen. It's easy enough to reset the timers.

cigars n scotch
04-27-2014, 09:39 AM
If you want to know what the best ballast setup is for a particular boat, a ballast parts retailer would be the last I would consult. Owners of said boat would be the first source for how to set the boat up.

Once you know whats needed, just know that Wakemakers is not the only kid on the block. Some places just sell ballast stuff, while others actually install it.

I don't know how much experience you have with WM but I'd disagree with everything you said, and I don't work for them or are affiliated in any way. Sure they aren't the only game I town but they are awesome to work with an know their shit and their customer service is great! All reasons to use them.

Swamplandkarl
04-28-2014, 12:09 PM

I have to disagree with your comment, Wakemakers know what there talking about and have helped me in many ways, great customer service and have real life experience with there products in many of the boats on the market.

Have a great summer......