PDA

View Full Version : Boom - application?

ckracing
04-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Thinking if buying this boom used. Anyone have one, use one or know if a single contour model like this one will work on a '86 Sunsport Skier?
Thanks - Chris

SquamInboards
04-29-2014, 09:10 AM
It should work; you should just check that your windshield isn't behind the pylon in the boat, so that you can go 90 degrees from the pylon out to the side, boom resting on the gunwale just behind the windshield. Also look at the height of the gunwale relative to the part of the pylon that this will clamp onto. My pylon gets narrower toward the top, so it would have to be attached pretty far down to avoid slipping up. You just don't want the boom sticking out the side of the boat way up into the air; the right height depends on how you use it, but you can see how if you had to attach it very low on the pylon and your gunwale was really tall, you'd have the boom sticking up 6 feet off the water at the end.

That being said, I think booms are a fabulous teaching tool and I would try to find a way to make it work if it's something you're interested in, you'll love it.