PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Launch Direct Drive Trailer

vvfdfirefighter
05-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Anyone have pictures of how their DD launch sits on their trailer. I'm having an issue with mine. It's the original boatmate trailer but when my bow is all the way up inside the nose bracket, the piece of metal at an angle covered in wood and carpet, I guess it would also be called the bow stop, the fins under the boat sit right above the first axle. Leaving a ¼" gap. The PO always trailered the boat this way but you can definitely are where the axle has been hitting the fin. Right now I have the boat backed off the trailer a bit until the axle sits between the first and second fin but that leaves me with the rubber stop at the winch resting right below the rub rail and about 2"+ behind the bow stop.

Rob

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

blackstang
05-01-2014, 10:18 AM
I can get pictures of mine for you at Lunch time.

vvfdfirefighter
05-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Stang I'd really appreciate it!

blackstang
05-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Mine is a 2002 DD with the factory trailer as well. Let me know if you need any more pictures

vvfdfirefighter
05-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks Stang. You've got v axles sadly I dont

blackstang
05-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Sorry about that, let me know if you need anything else. Happy to share if it will help a fellow member.

vvfdfirefighter
05-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Not a problem stang greatly appreciate either way!

vvfdfirefighter
05-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Love that color scheme!!!

td in nc
05-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Here is a pic of mine. Let me know if you need a pic from a different angle.14060

blackstang
05-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Love that color scheme!!!

Thanks, everything I own automotive, motorcycle or boats wise is black. This thing was flat black and pink due to oxidization when we purchased it. Tons of hours on cutting and buffing it.

vvfdfirefighter
05-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Td in nc when you get around too it might you be able to take a picture of where the bow it sitting on the front of the trailer and then a picture from underneath in front of the first axle at the fins. I'm needing to figure out where the fins sit compared to the front axle. Thanks

td in nc
05-03-2014, 09:41 AM

Let me know if you need anymore info. Glad to find someone with same boat, still trying to sort out all kinds of things on the 2000 Launch I bought this winter.

Tom

vvfdfirefighter
05-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Tom, we do have twin supras! I appreciate the pictures, they were exactly what I needed. Must of been a design flaw with boatmate. Your fin sits directly above the axle as Well and you can see where it's been touching.

What kind of things are you having issues with?

td in nc
05-03-2014, 12:32 PM
I ended replacing gauges, ran them directly and bypassing MDC; installed mufflers - they were straight piped with PVC; installed a blower - PO took it out; and currently trying to install dual battery, but it has challenge. My next big thing is to find a trailer, the one it is on has some pretty bad rust.

vvfdfirefighter
05-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Yeah I've got 3 dead gauges. Temp, oil pressure and possible spedo. The rest work but Magellan doesn't like to respond to emails I'm assuming. My PO used wire buds for a house to do his wiring in the beldge... needless to say I'm replacing it all.

vvfdfirefighter
05-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Installing the new rudder right now14070 PO had an underwater strike that bent the prop and rudder. Had to get a little fiberglass done at the rear of the rudder. He kept driving it and the rudder kept gouging the gelcoat right aft of it.

td in nc
05-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Sounds similar to mine, the only gauges that worked was speedo and RPM, Gas gauge moved but acted weird. PM me with your email if you want and I will send you some additional trouble shooting guides that Medallion sent me after I finally got in touch with them. I tried to post them to the site but was not able to figure out how to do it.

I followed the guides but was not able to identify the problem and was spending more time than it was worth, so I just ran new wires to sending units and got new gauges.

DAFF
05-04-2014, 10:33 PM
That axle design is crap !! I too have the V axle on my 03. I think the best way of solving the rub issue might be by raising the main bunks on the trailer by an inch or so.