View Full Version : Parting out supra ts6

castlesecurity
05-08-2014, 06:55 AM

1986 supra boat looks great parting out stringers are soft

Motor and trans sold
Prop and shaft sold

bens250ex
05-08-2014, 08:53 AM
The whole rudder assembly? How much and what type of bracket does it have for the steering cable tube back by the rudder? Also interested in steering wheel and how are the push/pull knobs?

haugy
05-08-2014, 11:36 AM
How much do you want for it as it sits now? Boat, trailer, the whole enchilada.

castlesecurity
05-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Make me an offer on all of it I used the the boat for 2 yrs as it is now

Cusefan78
05-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Where are you located? So the only things missing is from the motor back? Everything else in working condition. How's the hull.

bens250ex
05-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Please let me know about the parts if no one ponies up and buys the whole thing.

castlesecurity
05-09-2014, 06:08 AM
I am in new castle PA 16105 I pulled the motor and trans prop and shaft I got the boat 3 years ago from Texas it was on a lift it's entire life the trailer was never used trailer is in great shape I put 2new tires on it I would rather sell it complete but will part if no good offer

haugy
05-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Nope, no thanks. I don't play the "offer" game. Anyone else that wants it, have at it.

Good luck with the sale. Lots of good parts there.

Jetlink
05-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Nope, no thanks. I don't play the "offer" game. Anyone else that wants it, have at it.

Oh come on, start the bidding at $1 for this showcase Haugy.

bens250ex
05-10-2014, 12:10 PM
I'm in for $2 bucks bob! Seriously though if you weren't so far away I'd go for the whole boat it really looks good on the outside. Hate to see it demolished when it looks so good.

Cusefan78
05-10-2014, 11:16 PM
I'm in central ny I'm interested what's the number you want if we are in the same ball park we can make something happen. Pm me what you want out of it

andyzarkovich
05-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Please call me at 517-881-2568. I need a swim platform but might buy the whole boat off ya depending on price. Thanks Andy.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
05-13-2014, 04:15 PM
Im in for $10

haugy
05-13-2014, 10:34 PM
Im in for $10

Holy crap! He lives! :D

castlesecurity
05-14-2014, 03:08 PM
ok parting it out makes some offers

bens250ex
05-15-2014, 12:01 AM
The whole rudder assembly? Steering wheel?

castlesecurity
05-15-2014, 08:17 AM
start making offers on all the parts

bens250ex
05-15-2014, 09:10 AM
Is it the packing style rudder or the bushing type? Can I get pics of rudder and housing, steering wheel , and dash

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
05-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Of course I live haugy lol.

vvfdfirefighter
05-16-2014, 07:33 PM

Ha, make offer means more than it's worth! He missed out on a couple Good buyers by not saying letting it all go for 1500

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

castlesecurity
05-16-2014, 11:29 PM
I just wanted an offer fig that would be easy I ll cut it up and make a bar out of it that's what I was thinking then sell off the trailer

haugy
05-18-2014, 10:08 PM
I just wanted an offer fig that would be easy I ll cut it up and make a bar out of it that's what I was thinking then sell off the trailer

Just for that comment alone, you are clearly a fool. You wanted offers because you can't research what things cost, and you are hoping someone will overpay versus you asking too low. That's what make offers means. It means you don't know what you are selling, or you have a number in your head but you don't want to directly turn anyone off, so you don't say it. Wasting everyone's time. Fine, here is your offer, $500 for everything, trailer and all.

And if you cut up that Comp to make a bar out of it because you don't know how to sell something, then get lost. That boat doesn't deserve you as an owner.

Jetlink
05-18-2014, 11:16 PM
Was waiting for that response after reading he was going to chop the hull. I'll put some skin in the game...$499 Bob!

bens250ex
05-19-2014, 02:39 PM
Just for that comment alone, you are clearly a fool. You wanted offers because you can't research what things cost, and you are hoping someone will overpay versus you asking too low. That's what make offers means. It means you don't know what you are selling, or you have a number in your head but you don't want to directly turn anyone off, so you don't say it. Wasting everyone's time. Fine, here is your offer, $500 for everything, trailer and all.

And if you cut up that Comp to make a bar out of it because you don't know how to sell something, then get lost. That boat doesn't deserve you as an owner.

Agreed, I really need a rudder but if someone will take the time to fix this boat I can live without the rudder. That boat looks great I know the stringers are in way better shape than mine were when I bought mine. If you wanna chop it up I'll give you $150 for the complete rudder and box, steering wheel, and steering cable tube.

winspt
05-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Hello - I could use the whole back seat - pls let me know what you would like for that.
THANKS
/David

castlesecurity
05-22-2014, 05:11 PM
i would like to sell the seats as a set >

cjtpilot
05-22-2014, 05:19 PM
You must not want to sell anything. If you are parting out the boat then thats what people will want. Parts, not the interior as a whole or the entire package. I was very interested in the back seat but that all I need.

Cusefan78
05-22-2014, 07:50 PM
He gave me a price for the whole thing minus the motor trans and prop shaft. Way too much in my opinion. "$2500 range". Lot of money considering what you would have to put into it. Can't believe he wants to cut it. Unreal.

haugy
05-23-2014, 09:01 AM
He gave me a price for the whole thing minus the motor trans and prop shaft. Way too much in my opinion. "$2500 range". Lot of money considering what you would have to put into it. Can't believe he wants to cut it. Unreal.

Well, while I think this guy is a complete moron. At least he gave you a number. I'd figure closer to $1250-1500 max. The trailer is worth about $750. But for new floor and stringers + motor/trans/shaft you're looking at an additional $6,000-$7,000 easy. No way in hell I'm spending $8,000 + on a comp.

The guy is a dork. Sell the motor/trans and shaft, which means he'll part it out. Then when others ask for parts he won't, he will only do it as a package deal. When he sold the motor and tranny he shot any chance of selling the boat whole right out the window.

He could sell the back seats, as two have already asked. Probably easily sell the dash, and rest of the interior components, swim platform, and windshield.

bens250ex
05-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Well, while I think this guy is a complete moron. At least he gave you a number. I'd figure closer to $1250-1500 max. The trailer is worth about $750. But for new floor and stringers + motor/trans/shaft you're looking at an additional $6,000-$7,000 easy. No way in hell I'm spending $8,000 + on a comp.

The guy is a dork. Sell the motor/trans and shaft, which means he'll part it out. Then when others ask for parts he won't, he will only do it as a package deal. When he sold the motor and tranny he shot any chance of selling the boat whole right out the window.

He could sell the back seats, as two have already asked. Probably easily sell the dash, and rest of the interior components, swim platform, and windshield.

Hell you can buy a composite comp for 7-8k all day long....

winspt
05-24-2014, 07:02 AM
Guys,
I don't know this seller.. but do you think its really necessary for senior members of the forum to call the guy a "moron" .. seriously?
if he wants too much simply don't engage him..
Just my two cents..
/ David

89ts6m
05-25-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm looking for the side vent windows from the windshield .Do you have them,and how much do you won't for them?

vvfdfirefighter
05-25-2014, 10:00 PM

Haugy, this guy is just in for money. He also has another listing on here in the classifieds for a whole sunsport interior. $1,000 ha, I didn't even respond back to that figure!

haugy
05-26-2014, 12:18 AM
Guys,
I don't know this seller.. but do you think its really necessary for senior members of the forum to call the guy a "moron" .. seriously?
if he wants too much simply don't engage him..
Just my two cents..
/ David

The guy wants to cut his boat in half to make a bar. Yes, it's very easy to call him a moron. And while I've been on here longer than most, something you will learn is I'm probably one of the more ummmm................outcast. I'll call a duck a duck, and not always in the most diplomatic ways. I'm fine with the label. My passion for these boats is unwavering, if that gets me labeled, then fine. I'm okay with that. I'm here to preserve the boats first, my reputation second.

craigfee
05-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Do you have the back seat still available? If so, how much.

vvfdfirefighter
05-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Do you have the back seat still available? If so, how much.

Good luck getting just the back seat! He will only sale the whole interior as a set and he says make an offer, won't give a price. Look back in all the comments

craigfee
05-27-2014, 12:31 PM
I would be willing to buy the complete set of seats, but want would like to know how much.

vvfdfirefighter
05-27-2014, 12:33 PM
I would be willing to buy the complete set of seats, but want would like to know how much.

Might have to pm him. I know I asked about a complete set he had for a sunsport and he said $1,000 little to pricy in my book but hey throw out a number to him

Cusefan78
05-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Haugy, I'm in the same boat. I haven't been on here very long but I caught the bug. As far as I'm concerned supras are a beautiful well built boat. It would be a shame for one of them to be cut up. Buying my supra waS the best money I have ever spent.

craigfee
05-28-2014, 08:53 PM
Are you interested in selling the seats? I only need the back one but would be interested in the whole set. What's your price. Very interested. Thanks

sjones14
06-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Good day. Ill offer 750 for the whole boat, you keep the trailer to sell. If interested, send some pics of the interior and windshield to [email protected]. Thanks