PDA

View Full Version : speedos not working correctly

boatin_nut
05-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Hey guys, I have a 99 legacy and have been having issues with the speedos the past few years where they'll be accurate one day and then all over the board the other. I bought one of those tools where you can clean the hole in the back of the boat which didn't help at all. The gauges seem to be mechanical so I'm not sure where the tube from the back goes to. Has anyone come across this before? is it possible that the gauges are bad or would it be an issue with the tube?

Thanks in advance.

CornRickey
05-11-2014, 02:11 AM
Check the tube for cracks and leaks. Mine would come loose from the back of the gauge or on the pitot.

boatin_nut
05-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Where does the tube go if its not in the back of the gauge? in the back of the gauges there is only power and not the tube. Does that make sense?

CornRickey
05-11-2014, 11:35 PM
If it's mechanical, no. Does it have a barbed fitting?

relyt
05-15-2014, 01:45 AM
I have your exact boat. There is a black box under the helm that would be right next to your left foot if you were in the driver seat. This box is the brains to the instrument panel and there should be two spots to attach the tubes. I have heard this box being in the back by the ski locker but I am pretty sure it's under the helm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk