PDA

View Full Version : 2001 SSV Capacity ?

Srs Supra
02-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi all,

I am currently in the search for my first V-drive. I've come across a 2001 Launch SSV. I have one question I'm hoping someone can clear up for me. Looking at the pictures of the boat I noticed the "capacity" tagplate says 11 people. Looking through the Supra boat archives the same boat is noted as carrying a 13 person limit. Am I missing something obvious? Is there a definite way to distinquish the different model launchs by looking at the boat itself? I'm waiting to hear back from the seller, but was hoping someone could enlighten me :-)

Thanks!

dan.smith
02-18-2007, 04:54 PM
I had an '02 SSV, which was basically the same boat, and I'm pretty certain mine said 11 persons. The truth is, I don't think I ever fit more than 9 comfortably. After that, you start bumping into each other.
If you referring to the info in the archive section, I think they have the wrong info for the '01 SSV. I'm fairly certain that the SSV was based off of the SS platform (95 in. beam). What they are showing are the specs for the base Launch (98in beam), unless they did something completely different for '01 & scrapped it for '02.
I guess I can't offer any help here, can I? :)

Srs Supra
02-18-2007, 07:34 PM
I see the 02 is listed as 11 person, I'm thinking you are correct about the '01 specs being posted inncorrectly. I've actually found another '01 SSV for sale and it's plate says 11 also. I guess I'll go with the '02 numbers, makes a bit of a difference trying to stuff it in the garage!

dan.smith
02-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Just out of curiosity, where are you located? I know someone in MD who is selling his '01 SSV:
http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=552311