PDA

View Full Version : First Time out with my new 2000 Launch

td in nc
05-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Well I finally got out on the water with my 2000 Launch, which I had not had out since the test drive in February. The weirdest thing happened to me when I was backing off the trailer. Once I was free of the trailer. I bumped it from reverse to drive the boat kept going in reverse, so I gunned it forward stop it, and it only went faster backward. I killed the engine and was fortunate that my son was on the dock and pushed the boat away from the dock or my swim platform would have been toast. After taking off the dog house I was trying to figure out what went wrong. I finally found it. Somehow, I must have undone the clasp that holds the cable in place near the transmission (holds the cable in place so the transmission can shift from forward/reverse/neutral), maybe when I was replacing the water hoses, but it was purely accidental if I did. The cable must have been in place when I started it, but jumped completely out of the bracket when I was backing the boat. Put the cable back in place and everything worked great. I was very fortunate nobody got hurt and it was fluke that this happened, but wanted to share so others could avoid my mistake.

Other than that, it was great day on the lake and family enjoyed the boat.

cigars n scotch
05-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Wow that's crazy but glad to hear it all worked out! Where in NC and what lake do you ride? We live in SC and ride Lake Wylie.

td in nc
05-12-2014, 08:58 PM
We typically ride in the Raleigh area at Harris Lake, a little lake near Wilson and then one week at Gaston.

freeflyernc
05-16-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm on wylie- way up by the mtn island dam. Where are you at?

LKG-Supra
05-19-2014, 12:14 AM
I am on Lake Gaston also, shoot me a message if you get up there soon.