PDA

View Full Version : Spark plugs

Cusefan78
05-19-2014, 12:35 PM
What's everyone running. Mine is calling for a motorcraft awsf22 can't find them anywhere. Was told I can run autolite 764 but heard from a very good mechanic that bendix purchased autolite and their plugs have gone down hill. Any recommendations.

SquamInboards
05-19-2014, 01:07 PM
I've always run the autolites in my GT40, but I haven't changed plugs in a few years (3?) so I guess they would be the "old" autolites, if they have changed. I'd also recommend the NGK equivalent, BPR6EFS.

Cusefan78
05-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Yeah I was thinking about the NGks. Is your boat efi or carb. After like 6 phones calls and two hours searching I found the motorcraft new numbers. Agsf22c is the new plug number. Can also run the 32c that's a little hotter

SquamInboards
05-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Yeah I was thinking about the NGks. Is your boat efi or carb. After like 6 phones calls and two hours searching I found the motorcraft new numbers. Agsf22c is the new plug number. Can also run the 32c that's a little hotter

My engine is EFI. I use a website - sparkplug-crossreference.com - for whatever reason it appears to be down right now? But it's useful when it works!