PDA

View Full Version : Adj wakeplate cylinder leak.

ondwater
02-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Bought a 06 luanch 20 used, and one of my cylinders is leaking.
Anyone out there had this problem?
Thanks

DKJBama92Mariah
02-22-2007, 03:22 PM
If its under warranty its a no brainer. If not, Bennett trim tab co makes the plate. I'm sure they could drop ship you a new cylinder. They are REALLY good people to work with. When i bought my plate from overtons, the guy at Bennett custom made me a new plate that mounted in the same spot at the factory Supra manual plate that came on the boat, i.e, it screws to the bottom of the boat instead of the back of the transom. NO charge too; i just had to send him the original plate that came with the kit from overtons.

DKJ

lowdrag
02-23-2007, 02:37 AM
I had a leak and was told that it's not uncommon to see them leak a little bit where the line threads into the top of the cylinder. If you decide to do it yourself, the sealant where the line runs through the hull is a pain. The stuff sticks like superglue but stays very pliant which makes it a real pain to remove. Make sure you use the same stuff to seal it up again if you try it on your own. I can't remember the product number, but it's a 3M marine sealant used for applications that are below the water line.