PDA

View Full Version : Trans drain pan

Blackntan90
06-01-2014, 06:43 PM
wondering what everybody is using for a trans drain pan? This is after changing mine, and spilling most back into the bilge trying to get the 5 qt oil container I cut the side off back out. It went in fine, but coming out was a different story. I used to suck it out through the dipstick hole, but felt I was not getting all of it.Any insight will be greatly appreciated!

CJD
06-02-2014, 12:29 AM
Last time I used doubled trash bags. It worked great, but I was thinking of trying to modify a small tray to divert the oil to one side. It only holds a quart, so volume is not much of an issue.

By the way, have you found a source for the rubber seal? I've been looking but have had no luck. I have no leaks re-using the old, but would like to have a spare for the change when it finally quits sealing.

Blackntan90
06-02-2014, 05:46 AM
Mine did not have a rubber seal- just thread sealant. Replaced with fresh threadseal and no leaks. Thank you for the idea, still sounds messy. Maybe a drain hose like the engine? A winter project for sure!

CJD
06-02-2014, 09:30 AM
My mistake, I have the Hurth and assumed you did too. Yours must be the velvet drive...

Blackntan90
06-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Actually I have the PCM 1.23:1 trans.