PDA

View Full Version : Radio Issues

Henner
06-04-2014, 05:24 PM
I have a 90 Comp and my radio is Bluetooth, everything works perfect except when i start the boat the radio cuts off and i have to re sync my bluetooth. Its not a huge deal just sucks when I turn around to pick up son and turn boat off to help him or talk with him, then start boat back up and radio cuts off. Has anyone had this issue or know where i should start looking.

thanks,

Wylietunes
06-04-2014, 06:56 PM
The issue lies in that your head-unit wired to key switch. So technically, its working normally, just not the most ideal. I would confirm that the head-unit's yellow B+ wire is indeed wired to a content. next, i would relocate the head-units red turn-on wire from the key to a helm mounted rocker. This keeps the stereo on, until you turn the rocker off.

Henner
06-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Ok thank you, I will try that and see if it fixes it. This weekend i had a constant beep (humming noise) coming from the dash. Almost sounded like a Alternator whine. Sometimes it would get quite and go away others it would be louder. A lot of the times when put into gear it would go away.