PDA

View Full Version : Roswell board racks hard to manipulate, any fixes?

rtpaxton2
06-06-2014, 01:19 AM
Over the years my Roswell swivel board racks are getting very difficult to manipulate. Specifically, the button release on the bottom is almost impossible to push up on. Is there any way to lubricate this or fix it so that you don't have to push up on it with all of your might to get it to release? Or is the better option to just replace the swivels with a newer Roswell design? Any suggestions for which swivel to use?

The boat is a 2007 Supra 24 SSV

Thanks for any help / thoughts!!!

Zim
06-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Sadly, no. They're a flawed design and were covered under warranty. The alternative is getting new swivels to replace those pieces of garbage that are on there now. Take a look at this thread... I've got a picture of the new design on there, and some info on how you can get them at a discounted price. I paid 95 each plus shipping for them. Much better than the 190 they charge at their retailers. Email the contact and let her know you heard they were offering lower prices on the flawed pieces as good faith even though they're past the warranty. They'll be able to help you out.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?6376-Roswell-Replacement-Parts

The new ones use a pin instead of those push buttons. Much better design.

rtpaxton2
06-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Zim,

Thanks for the info! I emailed Tracy and will wait to see how much this is going to cost me. I wish I had done this back when I knew I could get them for $75 a side, but they were working back then, It's been the last couple of years that they are starting to freeze on me.

Rodger