PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how to replace rear transmission seal?

guy8121
06-07-2014, 02:09 PM
I have a 2010 sunsport 21v with a hurth transmission and Walters v-drive. The tranny appears to be leaking from the rear seal. There are no reputable boat mechanics in my area so I'm going to do it myself. Is there anybody out there that could give me some direction on how to do this?

guy8121
06-08-2014, 11:15 AM
I have a 2010 sunsport 21v with a hurth transmission and Walters v-drive. The tranny appears to be leaking from the rear seal. There are no reputable boat mechanics in my area so I'm going to do it myself. Is there anybody out there that could give me some direction on how to do this?

Ok me and my brother got the v-drive pulled from the transmission which was fairly easy. We just unbolted it from the trans and unbolted the coupler where the prop shaft connects to the v-drive and the whole unit slid right off of the tranny. It started raining so I didn't even get a chance to really look at the seal on the rear of the tranny or the next step to get to it. I think we're on the right track but i have never done this before and still looking for advice. Thanks to anybody that can chime in on this procedure.