PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Composite Comp -- Like New.

96Comp
06-08-2014, 06:04 PM
143161996 Composite Comp. Factory black powder coat tower, board racks, Kenwood blue tooth head unit, tower speakers, 4 Kicker cabin speakers, PerfectPass StarGazer, PerfectPass GPS Speedometer, Roswell tower speakers, Roswell tower lights, Kicker amps, sub woofer, New Viper Customs interior, heater, hot water shower, dripless shaft seal, 2011 Boat-Mate dual axle trailer with swing tongue, surge brakes, upgraded wheels with matching spare, F-2 winch and jack, cover, your choice of 400 lb fat-sac or 700 lb fat sac.

Boat has never spent the night on the water. Stored indoors. Gel coat looks like new - no dull spots anywhere. 404 hours, 351 PCM engine. All freshwater use. All Supra dealer maintained. Regular maintenance, oil changed every 50 hours, plugs, wires and rotor cap every season, impeller every season. Have Supra dealer POC if you have questions.

This is a perfect boat for the family that likes to ski, but also wants to board and surf (with a slack rope). The buyer of this boat wants something that is like-new with upgrades, like PerfectPass, new trailer, new interior, is truly "turn-key" and ... in my opinion ... a real good looking boat. :cool: But doesn't want to drop $25,000 for a boat that has fading, interior cracks, etc. It is hard to find a quality and nice looking Supra in this price range. Plenty of Sea-Rays at this price point, but please.

Why selling? Looking to find something bigger with bow seating. Kids have friends. Probably a Moomba Outback DD/V-drive, or even a, gasp, MasterCraft 209.

The price is $16,000, OBRO. The boat needs absolutely nothing. Runs like a champ. Everything works. Mechanic will confirm that. I can maybe swap out Perfectpass, amps, tower speakers and tower lights or other goodies to reduce the price. I will take you for a test ride at Lake Anna, but no joy rides.

92SupraComp
06-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Are you sure 199[/U]6? Looks like an 80's..

Jetlink
06-09-2014, 03:18 PM
96 was a "classic" year. Classic look without the classic headache of wood stringers.

96Comp
06-09-2014, 04:04 PM
96 was a "classic" year. Classic look without the classic headache of wood stringers.

Jetlink is correct. The STS is the classic Comp styling with the composite hull. No ... Repeat No ... Wood stringers. Hull number ends with XXXXXXXXH596 indicating manufacture year of 1996. Call SC and confirm if you like. The only thing wood on this boat is the base of the dog house, and even that's pressure treated. Even the seat bottoms and frames are composite.

cjtpilot
06-09-2014, 04:15 PM
beautiful boat!!!

92SupraComp
06-09-2014, 04:22 PM
be careful about stating pressure treated engine cover base! Ours is completely rotted. Not too mention they only used staples to hold it together! Our new pressure treat, stainless screw/water proof wood glue new is almost done :D

96Comp
06-09-2014, 05:35 PM
be careful about stating pressure treated engine cover base! Ours is completely rotted. Not too mention they only used staples to hold it together! Our new pressure treat, stainless screw/water proof wood glue new is almost done :D

The base was replaced in 2011 when interior and carpet were replaced. No rot there! Also did a mod to raise the driver's seat 3" and make it removable and swivel. Simply pull it up and now you can access the starboard side bow storage!

foxriverat
07-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Wow. He`s giving a great deal on this boat if anyone interested. http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Comp_Boat&postid=28545

haugy
07-02-2014, 11:10 PM
It looks like reality actually set in. He was WAY over-priced before at $16K. I'd say $10k is about right for that particular boat with the tower and bimini.

96Comp
07-04-2014, 04:37 PM
It looks like reality actually set in. He was WAY over-priced before at $16K. I'd say $10k is about right for that particular boat with the tower and bimini.

Not in a hurry to sell. The 10k price is with a single axle Boatmate, no Stargazer, no amps, no tower speakers, no tower lights, no z-5. I plan to move these items over to the Outback Im working a deal on. If the deal falls apart, then back to the Comp. Overpriced? Maybe. It's all relative to the style of hull you want and the condition. This is a complete boat. Not a project.

Hagman
07-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Not in a hurry to sell. The 10k price is with a single axle Boatmate, no Stargazer, no amps, no tower speakers, no tower lights, no z-5. I plan to move these items over to the Outback Im working a deal on. If the deal falls apart, then back to the Comp. Overpriced? Maybe. It's all relative to the style of hull you want and the condition. This is a complete boat. Not a project.I would ask a good fiberglass guy about how much it will cost to fix the mounting holes before removing the tower. And part of the 10K value is the add-ons you have installed. Nice boat Good luck

96Comp
07-06-2014, 01:30 PM
I would ask a good fiberglass guy about how much it will cost to fix the mounting holes before removing the tower. And part of the 10K value is the add-ons you have installed. Nice boat Good luck

Not removing the tower - it stays on the boat. New owner can remove if he wants.

96Comp
07-31-2014, 05:41 PM
SOLD! Thanks for the great time on the forum while I was a Supra owner.

Cusefan78
07-31-2014, 09:56 PM
What did you get for it if you don't mind