PDA

View Full Version : Speed Control Recommendation

td in nc
06-08-2014, 09:50 PM
I have a DD 2000 supra launch and was interested in getting some type of speed control for wakeboarding. I cannot figure out which system will work on this boat. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

cadunkle
06-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Check out RideSteady. They have a nice system which has more features than PP. Haven't heard any complaints about it but it may be a better value these days. I am totally happy with my paddlewheel PP setup but would probably opt for RideSteady if I was in the market for speed control again as I believe you get more for your money.

Zim
06-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Do you boat in rivers or lakes?

Rivers, get something with a paddlewheel, but avoid GPS.
Lakes, either paddle wheel or GPS will work.

blackstang
06-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Check out RideSteady. They have a nice system which has more features than PP. Haven't heard any complaints about it but it may be a better value these days. I am totally happy with my paddlewheel PP setup but would probably opt for RideSteady if I was in the market for speed control again as I believe you get more for your money.

I have a 2002 Launch DD (very similar) and recently purchased the Ridesteady system and couldn't be happier. I opted for the GPS setup instead of the paddle wheel version as I don't use my boat on moving water. They offered awesome customer support when I had any questions and even offer you $100 refund if you document your install. I will try to find some pictures of the install if it helps you decide?

td in nc
06-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the advice.

Blackstang that is a great color combo on your boat!

I am just starting to consider adding speed control. The Ridesteady system looks pretty good. I saw some PP systems for sale on craigslist and was wondering if that may be an option as well.

I plan on installing myself, and was curious as to the level of difficulty and how long it takes to install.

Thanks

blackstang
06-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Either system is fairly easy to install. If you ride on moving water I suggest getting the paddle wheel option so that you can choose between it or GPS. The Ridesteady system took me aprx 5 hours to install. I'm sure others have done it way faster but I had my boat totally torn apart adding a heater system and new stereo, so I took my time routing wires nicely and making sure the throttle cable was dead on. Here are a couple pictures of the dash and the throttle motor for reference. And no, these pictures are not of the finished project with the nicely routed wires. LOL

Ptownkid
06-09-2014, 05:55 PM
My only real issue with ridesteady is the hideous gauge...why can't they have some options?

Cusefan78
06-09-2014, 09:08 PM
I just ordered a stargazer 3 event from a guy that has new take offs. Got it for $500 plus $100 for new harnesses. Also getting a paddle wheel. Looked over the instructions and it doesn't look like a bad install. Servo looks like tough part.