PDA

View Full Version : ski-doc camera mount

foxriverat
06-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Anyone have any experience with one of these mounts. http://www.theskidoc.com/ski-doc-camera-mount.htm wondering which one would work on my 96 comp ski pylon. They said the master craft one should work.

Zim
06-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Looks like it'd work pretty well. You could probably get the same thing for under 4 bucks at home depot though. Get a PVC pipe that will fit over your pylon, get a cap for it, mount your camera on the cap, then cut a slit on one side to allow the rope to go through it. It'll do the same thing.

foxriverat
06-13-2014, 09:49 PM
I thought about doing that. No big box stores carry 2 1/2 PVC have to order. Problem is with tapered pylon too tight won't swivel. Too loose camera vibration. Was thinking of putting foil over top of pylon sliding PVC over squirt some great stuff in there. Let dry. Then remove. Then cap it off.

Cusefan78
07-28-2014, 08:48 PM
Anyone ever figure out which mount fits our pylons.

foxriverat
07-29-2014, 02:03 PM
After buying a piece of pvc and started making one. I realized mount that slides over my pylon wont work. Due to my pylon being angled. (duh) Your pylon needs to be straight for a slide over mount to work. For angled pylon like mine you would need a wakeye or trakker mount. Something that clamps to pylon.

Cusefan78
07-29-2014, 05:07 PM
Man I didbt think about that. Mine is angled also.

Jetlink
07-29-2014, 07:37 PM
What are you trying to film exactly? Trying to get close up shots of the skier? Instead of focusing on mounting it in the boat, I'd work on getting a section of PVC set up so that you slide the rope through it and have a notch for the handle end to stabilize the pipe from spinning and mounting the camera out in front of you by about 8 feet or so.

Cusefan78
07-29-2014, 08:14 PM
Jet, I'm trying to film me skiing. I just got. New ski and want to see how it sits in the water and where the spray is so I can properly adjust the fin and wings on it. I'm really anal about setting them up. I have three setting I'm going to try on it. After I figure which one I like best I'm then going to tweak it a little for the way I ski. I was planning on putting a gopro on the tip facing the boots and one on the pylon. I talked to skidoc today and a malibu mount fits just need to angle the camera and heat the PVC for a better fit. Haven't decided if I want to go through all that or break down and get one of the more expensive mounts.

foxriverat
07-29-2014, 10:15 PM
If you mount camera on angle on skidoc. You will be filming the sky on left and right when mount swivels on our angled pylons

foxriverat
07-29-2014, 10:49 PM
This is really cheesy but would work. Hope it's OK to post this link here.http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=26405&highlight=paint+roller&page=2

cjtpilot
03-26-2015, 12:05 PM
wouldn't you be able to adjust the angle the camera sits on the mount?

trayson
03-27-2015, 02:43 PM
This is what you'd want.

http://www.zenxteninc.com/wake.asp

I've got a prototype and it works okay. I didn't get to play with it enough before the season ended.

cjtpilot
03-27-2015, 02:55 PM
Trayson, I do want one of those! I just emailed him the other day. However as of right now I don't have a camera to mount on it:-(

This is what you'd want.

http://www.zenxteninc.com/wake.asp

I've got a prototype and it works okay. I didn't get to play with it enough before the season ended.

trayson
03-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Trayson, I do want one of those! I just emailed him the other day. However as of right now I don't have a camera to mount on it:-(

Well, that's easy enough. Just throw down on a new gopro 4 silver with the built in LCD touchscreen! haha. that's what I did. it's only money, right?

(or for a better value, get a deal on a 3+ black that includes the wifi remote)

cjtpilot
03-27-2015, 03:39 PM
I think I am going with a SJ5000, a third of the price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trayson
03-27-2015, 03:45 PM
I think I am going with a SJ5000, a third of the price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, aside from it being a blatant gopro ripoff, it'll most certainly get the job done. I've never been a fan of the app for remote control, but that's a minor inconvenience compared to having no camera!

Cusefan78
03-29-2015, 11:55 AM
After playing with the rope mount I'm going to get a wake eye and a cheap cam. The rope mount is great for screwing around out on the water but when cutting hard you can feel it and throws you off a bit. The newer design he made is a great improvement but any weight on the line can be felt and any slack that the weight contributed too isn't a good thing.

jackbeton
04-17-2016, 05:04 AM
it is good ideas from everyone