PDA

View Full Version : 2nd try: Playpen vs Open bow

Atlanta Tim
01-14-2003, 02:57 PM
It seems like even decent Supra I find has the playpen bow, I can't for the life of me think of a reason that someone would want one... is it not totally annoying to keep stepping over the dash???

Tim

Salty87
01-14-2003, 06:43 PM
stepping over the dash?...i had to go back to make sure i read that right. there's no stepping over the dash in mine. walk-thru windshield. or, actually, kneel on the padded cooler and slide up to the front.

playpen seating is the best, i can't imagine why anyone would want otherwise. it takes what would normally be lost floor space and turns in into a lounging/layout area. the best seat in the house when the stereo is cranked!

that's my $.02.

kevin

Atlanta Tim
01-15-2003, 01:45 PM
I just was at the boat show in Atlanta last week and would have swore there was no "alley" through the dash. The center windshield did hinge... maybe I shouldn't have smoked so much crack before I went... please explain, I'm obviously confused

Tim

Brian Raymond
01-15-2003, 11:42 PM
Tim, only do half before Boatshow, other half after purchase of boat. The Supra/Moomba lines have both walk-thru and playpen styles with the same hulls. Contact Kurt&Lisa Bakus on these available models, they are the owners of Atlanta Marine. They have a large inventory, and can walk you through, and assist you with any questions you may have.Brian Raymond

01-16-2003, 04:53 PM
they can walk him through a crack hit???...now that's service with a smile!

you do have to step up to be standing on the playpen floor, not as much as stepping on the engine box (direct drive) or over the windshield. people usually crawl or slide when we're out on the water but walking around is easy too.

....imagine an open bow without playpen, then raise the floor in the bow to the level of the bow seats. that's it, the windshield hinges the same but you have more use-able space for floundering about. the ice chest on my '87 is under one of the playpen seats.

chicks seem to dig hanging out up there while the guys are swapping boards or whatever....good views for the driver too! ;)

Salty87
01-16-2003, 05:08 PM
good advice indeed! you gotta save some for after lol

maybe you saw the middle observer's seat flipped up?....i'm not sure what they're called, but i'd like to get one for my '87.

imagine an open bow without playpen seating and then raise the floor in the bow to the level of the seats. that's all it is. you do have to step up to the playpen but people usually slide around or kneel when on the water.

there are also wind dams made that you snap into place below the windshield to block cold, wintry winds but i don't know if those are only after-market.

i think there's more storage under the playpen cushions but i don't have a floor ski locker so i'm not sure how big they are.

kevin

Atlanta Tim
01-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Thanks for both the clarification and the crack advice ;-)

Tim