PDA

View Full Version : 85 Comp TS6M

RamAir
06-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Newbie here,
I have a buddy that has this boat. He bought it new and has only 300 hours. The boat has been in inside storage for 10+ years but appears in Bristol condition. The engine mount bolts have worked themselves loose and will not tighten. Is this a known defect with rot in this area? Is there an inexpensive fix? Is there a way to determine the extent of the rot in this area?
Thanks in advance

Cusefan78
06-12-2014, 06:58 PM
If they are just spinning you have rot. You're going to need to replace all the stringers and the floor. I haven't done it cause mine is composite. I have read its 3-5k or if you do it yourself it'll be a ton cheaper

michael hunter
06-13-2014, 08:31 AM
Pull a couple bolts out and look at the threads they should be clean and dry. It sounds like stringers are rotten check the floor for soft spots especially near the drivers seat and rear seat. If the stringers are bad you are looking at 2000-2500 if you do it yourself 3500-5000 if you can get someone to do it for you. Not all stringer jobs are the same if you get a cheap price you will get a cheap job. Make sure you get pics of the of the job start to finish. How much are they asking for the boat?