PDA

View Full Version : Marauder classic surf set up

Shaggylemur
06-14-2014, 01:53 PM
I need some help setting up my boat to be able to surf wireless. I'm been reading everything about all of the sun sports but I have the closed bow version. I'm curious to how much weight I could max out the boat at? Also so far I have a 600# and a 225# sumo sacs. My board is a 5'6" fish. I weigh in the 230 range. I just can't get enough push out of the wave. Please help!

Kma4444
06-16-2014, 07:11 AM
We used to carry about 2500 pounds in our Sunsport. So don't be shy about adding weight. That hull can carry plenty.

Moor
06-18-2014, 01:37 PM
IIRC your hull is the same as my sunsport, minus the open bow. last year i was running 300LBS in the bow, 800LBS in the rear ski locker and another 800LBS on the surf side next to the dog house, plus what ever people were on the boat at the time. This made a very surf-able wave. Forum member Trayson has a sunsport and he was getting a very good wake last year. I actually just pm'ed him about his set up. this is what he wrote back:

my best setup was as follows:

370 tube sack under rear seat.
750 fat sack beside doghouse on floor
another 750 fat sack that is 1/2 to 3/4 full double stacked on top of the above, with as much of it in the rear seat as possible.

im going to try the set up this weekend and see how it works on my sunsport

Zim
06-20-2014, 11:54 AM
To get the push you need a lot of weight in the back corner. Once you get the push you're looking for, start adding bow weight to lengthen the pocket to your liking. I run a 750lb bag in my 20V corner surfside locker, with an addition 400lb bag on the seat on surf side, plus my 400lb bag full in my ski locker and another 400lb bag in the center of the bow. I doubt I have the freeboard that you have either, so you should be fine putting a bunch of weight in it. I usually have 4-8 people in the boat as well.