PDA

View Full Version : 2006 supra question

hulsey57
03-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Hey I added bigger fat sacs in the rear of my boat and with them full and 5 people in the boat it would not go above 9 mph untill I moved three people to the front. So I would like to chang this any advice? A prop change? I dont need to do 42mph surfing.

big b 21v
03-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Were you trying to use the perfect pass?
It will work at the slower speeds but it can be a little more tempermental. With mine Ive noticed that going up to 15 mph and then backing off seems to help. I think the PP has a hard time setting at this low speed out of the hole.

DKJBama92Mariah
03-13-2007, 02:17 AM
Man, you gonna have to give us more to work with than that. What year and model boat? Engine HP? What pitch and diameter is the prop?

Now would be a good time to get diahreea of the mouth. More info is better.

Cheers,
DKJ

PS: welcome to the forum!

lowdrag
03-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Yes, definitely more info. Even with the base motor in '06 I find it hard to believe that you could fit big enough bags in the back to limit the speed to only 9 mph. I'd think that by the time you had enough weight to do that your boat would look like it's going to sink. Unless you replaced the factory prop with something really not suited for the boat, I'd guess you have some damage to your prop or for some reason your motor is really down on power.

hulsey57
03-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Well ok it is a 2006 21V with a 325 hp motor came stock with the ballest system but I upgraded the rears to the 750lb 20x20x50 sacs, we had six people in the boat and none of them in the front and it would not go more than 9mph untill we moved 3 people to the front then everything was back to normal. Is this normal? Is there a better prop than the stock one? I was not using purfect pass.
Oh and it was 80 deg on sunday but the water was 53

As far as the boat being almost sunk not even close but it was allthe way to the logos.

myturndad
03-13-2007, 10:44 AM
hulsey, i have a 05 ssv 22 with the same motor. i have my ballest system set up the same as you do with no problems. Even had 11 people in it one day last summer.

either a few things, you may need to upgrade to the wakeprop or is it possible your gas is bad. 1st time out last year mine was rear boggish, (yeah made that word up) but after a while it cleaned out.

just my 2c...

db

Diggs
03-19-2007, 12:31 AM
hulsey
do you have your wakeplate down.... always start with the wake plate down to get up and running. do yourself a favor and get the wakeboard prop from your dealer if you plan to run that much weight. The 21v is very ass heavy as it is, so if you plan on running that much in the back you should be running a ton up front. At least the 1000lb (1150lb) bag in the playpen and then push all of your passengers to the front too. If you are just upgrading the bags for wakeboarding you are better off upgrading your front bag than the back on the 21v (just my opinion). For surfing though it will be nice to have the 750's back there. Anyway
-look at wakeboard prop
-make sure wakeplate is down
-how much weight are you running up front and add more to that...
-are you at altitude or where are you?

I have had 2 21v's with the same motor and we run a lot of weight and never had what you are experiencing....