PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Supra Saltare 23ft questions

pkeely
06-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Looking at the above boat.

Engine and transmission have both been rebuilt along with all hoses and wiring. Stringers seem to be in good condition still and the motor has one summer under its belt with all receipts and built by a reputable shop. (5.8L)

Hull is in fairly good shape with a few scratches down the sides from docks, trailer, what have you.

The bad: Carpet, interior, windshield and gauges pretty much all need replaced.

What is a boat like this worth in your area? I was figuring rougly $3500-4000 to come close to replacing everything.

Any input on this boat is appreciated from this newbie.

Coming from a Sea Ray I/O

Ptownkid
06-14-2014, 03:46 PM
What boat...No link.

pkeely
06-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Sorry, I just meant the description listed above. 1993 Supra Saltare 23ft

pkeely
06-16-2014, 07:27 AM
Not even any info on that model in particular?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

wotan2525
06-16-2014, 08:25 AM
So much depends on condition. 1993 means it might have composite stringers.... does it have a curved windshield?

pkeely
06-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Yes, curved.

haugy
06-16-2014, 09:35 AM
Here's the good:

92+ means no wood. That's a composite stringer boat, so they better be in good shape.
Gauges, carpet, and interior are easy to fix. Not cheap, but easy. Interior figure $1500-2000 for a full interior job. Depending on the area that can go up or down.
Guages are easy, just pick your style and go. Carpet is also not the easiest, but it can be done. I redid mine for about $300 (search my thread on Carpet in a Saltare)

The bad:

The windshield. The windshields on these boats are the hardest thing to replace. Since there are no specifications or dimensions available from the factory, you can't just take them down to a fabricator and have them cut new glass. You will have to find a real pro who can measure and make your windshield from scratch. That will be $$$$.
Is it cracked or missing?

All in all the composite Saltares are great boats. They usually fetch around $10k depending on condition. So I would jump on a $3500 one, even a rough one. (but i like to get them cheap and then fix them, I'm crazy)

pkeely
06-16-2014, 09:38 AM
That's what I was afraid of on the wind shield. Cracked pretty badly but still there.

How many hours of labor did you put in your carpet job? I have seen your thread on it before.

92SupraComp
06-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Well, glass replacements for our com (curved glass) was $4,400 a side! So we got Lexan for the one side for only a couple hundred $$$ through USAA. It looks good. But it is flimsy and has NO strength. :( you could put your hand on the glass windshields to support your self if needed. But the lexan just flexes...

pkeely
06-16-2014, 11:13 PM
Goodness gracious. ...

andyzarkovich
06-18-2014, 09:28 AM
I've never tried this before but it might be cheaper to find a different windshield out of a junk boat, fix the fiberglass spots from where the previous windshield was, and then install the new windshield. It would be a lot of work but I think you could figure it out for less than 4k.

haugy
06-18-2014, 11:42 AM
92SupraComp, what thickness Lexan? We use Lexan on our Chris Craft and it's very solid. I wouldn't want to sit on it, but it would do fine for a windshield. In fact some of it is used as a wind/spray shield on the fly-bridge. Been there for 36 years with no problems.