PDA

View Full Version : Drove a thousand miles yesteday to look at a Supra.

gogger
06-19-2014, 09:19 AM
Actually drove a few hundred Tuesday night and then the rest Wednesday. Arrived in New Orleans around 5 pm yesterday. My wife wanted to stay in the French Quarter. Not the best streets to driving around a Mega Cab Dually. But we got checked in and the truck parked safely in a secure parking lot.

The boat is 1.5 hours south of New Orleans. So we made arrangements to meet the owner and take it out last night. Have to say I am in love with it. I was a little surprised how oxidized the exterior is. But I know I can take care of that. Will just have to go back and read some posts. I don't think it needs wet sanded just some elbow grease.

First question I asked when I first talked to him weeks ago was if it had been in salt water. He said fresh water only. However we took it out on the intercostal waterway. And then out on a brackish lake. Not as bad as pure saltwater, but it probably has had some salt through it. The exterior and trailer show no signs of rot from salt so I feel comfortable that it will be fine.

Overall it seems like a great boat. Just needs a little tlc. He just seems so busy that he probably just doesn't have time to wax it. He said he barely had time to take it out.

She will be well cared for at her new home.

We are going to spend today and tomorrow having some fun in New Orleans and then head back with her tomorrow night, and get home Saturday night and take her out Sunday.

Can't wait for Wakeboard Wednesday with her. Plus she is going to Wake the World Ohio on Monday the 23rd.

garyholl
06-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Very nice. What year/ length is it?
The Court of Two Sisters is a great restaurant in New Orleans. Pat Obrien's for a bar.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

inair
06-19-2014, 10:14 AM
Wow, pretty boat. Can't wait to see it in person.

gogger
06-19-2014, 11:02 AM
2006 24 ssv gravity games edition.

KG's Supra24
06-19-2014, 01:45 PM
Awesome!!

You already have the updated swivels on the racks. That's a plus!

jzelt
06-19-2014, 02:43 PM
Glad it all worked out.
Some Cautions on the retreival of the boat with trailer depth.
Make sure you have about 2" of trailer fender showing out of the water(to start, and then you can adjust based on the ramps you frequent), this should allow the bunks to sit up some so it lifts the bow out of the water above the nose support.