PDA

View Full Version : PCM Trans master rebuild kit needed

FULL-THROTTLE
06-20-2014, 10:21 AM
So I was out playing on the water and during a hard and fast turn my transmission slipped, I thought it was cavitation but it did it again, I can still use it I just need to be a little cautious until I can rebuild it, Does anyone know where I can buy a master rebuild kit for a PCM 40-1 transmission? I have searched the web but no luck.

Thanks,

Fran

wotan2525
06-20-2014, 11:30 AM
Have you checked the fluid? Mine slips when turning when the fluid gets low.

FULL-THROTTLE
06-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Yes i. Changed the trans fluid when i summerized it, dextron 3

Cusefan78
06-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Skidim they have everything including the drum

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RK173058

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RK160014

FULL-THROTTLE
06-23-2014, 05:20 PM
Great thanks, anyone have a link to the rebuild procedures?

Cusefan78
06-23-2014, 07:07 PM
You can get the Manual through them or I did a write up last year about how to do it. Really easy just be careful with the springs. Make sure you mark the correct orientation of the front pump cover. If you put it in upside down you won't move. When you tear it apart check the drum. I was warned about the drum developing cracks and I had them around the drums shaft input hole. Of me know if you have any questions.

FULL-THROTTLE
06-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the help, i ordered a manual clutch plated and gasket/o-ring kit trough skidim, the trans is doing ok right now but i want to have the parts on hand in case it lets go on me. The rebuild look fairly easy, it's prob more work pulling the trans out os the boat.

Again,

Thanks for the help

FULL-THROTTLE
06-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Wow i need to turn on spell check, i ordered a clutch plate kit, gasket and o-ring set, and service manual

Cusefan78
06-25-2014, 11:56 AM
Pulling the tranny is really easy. Remove the for bolts from the driveshaft flange remove the 4 bolts from the two rear motor mounts. Unhook the tranny lines. Remove the two sensor wires on the tranny. Now wrap a strap around the bell housing and connect it to a come alone that is attached to the pylon. The tranny will now tilt up. Next remove the bolts on the tranny that hold it to the bell housing. Tranny will now slide right out. Make sure you mark the up side of the tranny pump cover. Next open up the tranny remove all the old gaskets. Check the drum for cracks and start disassembly and assembly. When you put it back in the boat make sure you align the tranny and shaft it should go back pretty close so you'll have minor adjustments. 14602I had like a half of turn. Good luck all this can be done in a 1/2 day. The only other tip I can give you is cut two blocks of wood and grab two wood clamps to remove and reinstall the springs. 14603

FULL-THROTTLE
06-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the removal technique, cant get any easier than that. When i do it i will take a crap load of pics for a DIY

Cusefan78
06-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Np. It really isn't a bad job at all