PDA

View Full Version : I have a few questions about the new 24 ssv.

gogger
06-21-2014, 11:27 PM
Ok so the previous owner took be for a quick spin. Drove straight through last night 1100 miles. Slept for a couple hours this afternoon then took it out.

First - Filled the ballast, and the center bag won't pump out. It filled fine, but now has about 1000 pounds in the bow. So in the morning i am going to try to find the pump and try to get it to pump out. Not sure whats up with that. I can hear it pumping in, switch to empty and I don't hear anything.

Have no idea how the perfect pass works.

The regular non digital speedo isn't working. Wheres the pick up for it? Clogged like the ones on the Pirata get?

I am sure I will have some more.

CJD
06-22-2014, 12:24 AM
Congrats!

Not sure your year, but this should apply to the mid 2000's...

The bags use a single pump to fill all three. The water is diverted to the bag of your choice by the sprinkler valves under the middle rear seat. The emptying is done with a separate valve for each bag. The rear bags are just to the sides of the rudder shaft by the transom. The front bag pump is under everything else, on the keel, under the same rear seat.

Check the power to the center drain pump. If its getting power with the switch on, then the pump has failed. If there is no power...then check the switch and fuses.

Perfect pass instructions can be googled for your particular year manual. In general, it works like this...

Engine running, the throttle MUST be in idle. Press the power button, and the screen will display "in idle?". Select the up arrow to confirm that you are. (it screws it up if your not)

Screen goes to either wake or ski. It will be in rpm or speed mode. The modes can be changed by cycling thru the menu. First time just go with what it has to test it. The number on the left is the set speed (or rpm). Change it with the up or down arrow. Number on the right is your actual speed/rpm. When ready, push the throttle. When the speed/rpm is reached, it beeps. Stop pushing forward after the beep. It will overshoot and then settle right back down to the set speed/rpm.

To get out, just pull the throttle back. It remains active, even after stopping and restarting the engine. You must turn the power off. That is important, as sometimes when you are driving it'll goose the throttle when your not expecting it.

Your speed is through a pinwheel under the boat. If your wheel is not working, your perfect pass will also read zero. They use the same wheel. You can still activate the perfect pass in rpm mode with a bad wheel.

Have fun!

gogger
06-22-2014, 12:31 AM
2006 model year. Drained the rear backs just not the center bag. I will check it out in the morning.

gogger
06-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Not sure it the gravity games edition makes a difference. But here is what I have figured out so far. One pump fills all the bags. I found two pumps down in the back that drain the rear bags. The front bag only has one hose. So I am guessing the fill pump is supposed to drain it? I have pulled the line and am draining into the bilge right now. I guess I can do that after I take it out. Run it hard for a while and let gravity pull it out into the bilge. Good time to put some soap in there and clean it out I guess. Any clue how that center bag drains?

gogger
06-22-2014, 10:56 AM
I should say that I can hear pumps coming on with everything except when I put it into position to drain the front bag. The switch even lights up.

garyholl
06-22-2014, 11:06 AM
I guess I've noticed that on my 2005 too. I assumed the same pump drained and filled it. My center bag does have two lines, like the rear bags do.
My center bag doesn't fill well and I have to use the bypass sometimes to fill it. I assumed that I need a new solenoid for the full function.
Who else has this problem?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

CJD
06-22-2014, 02:45 PM
The factory bag should have two hoses, even on the front bag. You'll be waiting a looooong time for the fill pump to drain it, as it will not reverse flow through the sprinkler valves. Those type valves depend on pressure on the front side to operate a diaphragm that, in turn, opens the valve. Even if the fill pump ran backwards (which it won't), the valve cannot be opened in reverse flow.

Even if the PO changed the front bag, the factory drain pump should still be located somewhere under the Walters unit. The drain for the center exits the starboard side of the boat, near the bilge and right rear bag exit.

Zim
06-22-2014, 10:28 PM
The drain pump on my 2006 is up in ski locker right next to the attachment point. I don't have a playpen though, so that may make a difference.

gogger
06-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Found the front pump and the other hose. When it is full you can't move the thing. So now I will trouble shoot the pump. The servos must be bad though as no matter what I fill the front bag fills too.

gogger
06-22-2014, 11:03 PM
Best place to buy new pumps? Servos?

gogger
06-22-2014, 11:35 PM
Looks like they have the pump at wakemakers. Not sure where to look for the servos. Maybe they will know.

Zim
06-24-2014, 10:15 AM
Best place to buy new pumps? Servos?

Just head to home depot. They're just Orbit sprinkler valves. I replaced all of mine this year, it took a matter of 30 minutes to do all 3. Just pull the old ones out, solder the wires together for the electrical clips, shrink wrap them, put them back in the boat and hook everything back up. They're about 12 bucks each at home depot. If you ask them where the sprinkler valves are, just bring your old one in an dlook for something similar. The style has changed, the new servers/valves will be a greenish color. You want the 3/4" valves.

Zim
06-24-2014, 10:16 AM
Looks like they have the pump at wakemakers. Not sure where to look for the servos. Maybe they will know.

Not sure how much they want for the pump, but you can get these on amazon. I use the 800gph pumps. You can cut down the long inlet tube to fit.

http://www.amazon.com/Attwood-Corporation-Aerator-Tsunami-800Gph/dp/B001O0D6KQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403619368&sr=8-1&keywords=800+gph+tsunami+pump

gogger
06-30-2014, 10:14 PM
Ok so I have the new drain pump for the front sac. I think I am just going to put a manual valve in the fill line. That way I can keep it from filling and don't have to mess with the solinoid. At wake the world last monday there was a lot of debris in the river from upstream storms and something got in the prop and dinged it up. I ordered a new ACME 1325 for it from Nettles. It is sitting in the garage. We are planning a boating weekend for the 4th so instead of wakeboard wednesday I am going to work on the boat. Actually am going to buy myself a new board on wednesday also. Figure I lost a bunch of weight and finally can get up on a wakeboard, might as well get a cool board. Love the boat. Other than swamping the the playpen a couple times, Can't believe how low that bow is, everything has gone well. Guess I should lap the prop?

Zim
07-02-2014, 01:18 PM
The valves are incredibly easy to change. They unscrew from the pvc tubing, and can be swapped out in a matter of 2 minutes. The most time consuming portion of changing them out is connecting the wiring to the new solenoid, but that's easy. Just bring some electrical tape and wire strippers, and you'll have it done in no time. It would actually be more difficult to put another on/off valve in line than it would be to swap that valve/solenoid.

Also, if your front sack fills, you can turn the valve "off" on the valve itself. There should be a little black switch on your sprinkler valve. Flip that to the other side and that will manually turn the valve off and allow no water to flow through.

gogger
07-06-2014, 07:41 AM
Well neither my local home depot or Lowes carries any sprinkler supplies. Guess we get enough rain here. I will try ordering on line

Jetlink
07-06-2014, 08:11 AM
Is there a "Mom and Pop" place that sells sprinkler supplies or does sprinkler system installs? Might be worth a last ditch effort to source it locally before resorting to the internet orders.

gogger
07-08-2014, 11:40 PM
Well I found an irrigation supply company across town. So I pulled one and headed there. Didn't have the Orbit valves, but did have something very similar. A couple of fittings and all was good. Didn't take long at all to replace all three of them. So hopefully when I go to fill the bags at the Southern Reunion everything works as it should. Next up the perfect pass. Have to get that working. Hard to hold this boat at any speed.

Zim
07-09-2014, 04:03 PM
whats wrong with the PP?

gogger
07-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Well no reading on the rpm. And it beeps like it is engaged but doesn't do anything. I am going to do a servo test tomorrow and see if I can figure any thing out.

KG's Supra24
07-10-2014, 12:01 AM
Servo test and reset it. I've had to replace a servo motor before though :/

gogger
07-10-2014, 08:24 AM
I have reset it. Just haven't had time to mess with it much. Been full of people. All my friends love it.

Zim
07-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Does the MPH mode work?

gogger
07-10-2014, 11:31 AM
No. It shows the speed but pp does nothing.

Zim
07-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Okay... defnitely sounds like a servo issue. When you turn the key over, do you hear the servo firing up at all? Mine makes a very distinct sound when the key is turned to the run position. You can hear it setting itself. I'll get a video next time I'm at my boat so you can hear what I'm talking about.

gogger
07-10-2014, 04:09 PM
I think the servo is dead. Nothing when I turn on the key. It doesn't wind back up. Where do I order a new one?

KG's Supra24
07-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Does the knob turn freely with the boat on?

You should see it pull the wire tight when you turn the boat off. If it doesn't make that attempt, it's def the servo. May try tapping it a couple times.

I can't remember where I got my replacement. It's in the 150 range from perfect pass but if you have a part # you might be able to google it.

gogger
07-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Its not making any attempt to move at all. Any idea why the tach isn't reading on the pp gauge?

KG's Supra24
07-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Sounds like a bad servo then :( With the middle hatch open, you would hear it trying to pull the wire tight. You can even watch it if you get your head turned back there quick enough or have someone else turning the key on.

It's not picking up RPM's or MPH or both on the perfect pass gauge?

CJD
07-10-2014, 08:22 PM
It sounds like all your issues are related to the engine side. You may want to trace the wires and connectors from the servo and ignition module. Maybe something back there is unplugged.