PDA

View Full Version : 88 Comp Questions

TomRO
06-23-2014, 08:41 AM
I recently bought an 88 Comp with a 351 engine. Since there are two Bilge Switches, should there be two bilge pumps? I have one that is located under the front engine pulley.

Can I buy a wiring diagram, maintenance manual, or operators manual for this boat?

I've read about the packing seal around the output shaft. Is there a way to determine the diameter of the packing so I can have what I need when I take it apart?

Jetlink
06-23-2014, 08:56 AM
One bilge pump, one switch is an "auto" power source and the other is a "manual" power source. There is no manual per say, there is a PDF that gets close to your 88 I believe it's an 89 manual. Not much changed between the years. The link is located on the website this forum is hosted on. I'm on my phone away from my computer or I'd copy and paste the link here for you.

Cusefan78
06-23-2014, 08:59 AM
I have two bilge switches but one bilge. One was for a bilge and the other for the shower pump. I added an automatic pumps to the access hole through the front ski locker. And ran it to the orginal bilge with a y. Had it like this for a year and have never had a problem. Boat is alway bone dry when I get up there on the weekends. You can get service manuals online or at skidim. As for the packing you can buy a kit from skidim also

TomRO
06-23-2014, 01:58 PM
One bilge pump, one switch is an "auto" power source and the other is a "manual" power source. There is no manual per say, there is a PDF that gets close to your 88 I believe it's an 89 manual. Not much changed between the years. The link is located on the website this forum is hosted on. I'm on my phone away from my computer or I'd copy and paste the link here for you.

Thanks for the bilge info. I'll keep looking for the link.
Do you have information on the seal diameter for the output shaft?

Cusefan78
06-23-2014, 02:06 PM
On the back of the tranny? I'll have to look think I have the old seals still when I rebuilt my tranny

TomRO
07-06-2014, 07:48 AM
I've got the bilge pump working right, but still haven't found a wiring diagram or service manual. Can anyone help?

Jetlink
07-06-2014, 08:08 AM
I believe the "catalogue" tab at the top of this web page has a link for older boats, the oldest Comp manual is for an '89 Comp/Conbrio.

Jetlink
07-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Here's your link...

http://www.supraboats.com/downloads/downloads/89_Comp-Conbrio_Owner_Manual.pdf

TomRO
07-09-2014, 01:50 PM
I have the manual and have printed the diagram. It leaves something to be desired, but it's better than nothing.

Thanks.