PDA

View Full Version : Thru-Hull Transducer location

kjcarey
06-26-2014, 04:04 PM
Hello All,

I am looking for the best location for a thru-hull transducer (Faria Depth gauge install). This is for an 89 Saltare (23-Series), from my research it appears the best place to mount the transducer would be forward of the prop in as flat a location as possible and undisturbed by turbulence. Any suggestions would be very appreciated....Thanks

SquamInboards
06-26-2014, 04:23 PM
You've got it right, I've mounted them right near the stuffing box, behind the transmission, a few inches up from the keel. Works great in that spot in my experience (in other DD inboards anyway).

kjcarey
06-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Thanks much.....That's where I will plan on putting it.

wotan2525
06-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Take a picture when you get it mounted. I've put mine in 3 different places and haven't been able to get it work. I suspect it's a bad transducer but I've been too lazy to replace it.

cadunkle
06-30-2014, 04:17 PM
Mine is epoxied to the inside of the hull fairly centered in the boat under the transmission/output flange. Tucked in nicely there and it's flat and fairly tuulence and air pocket free. Reads well, very few times have I had it not read but those have been very rough days if I recall correctly.

lively
06-30-2014, 10:16 PM
I need to relocate mine but I have it now 4" to the right looking at rear of engine by the prop . Don't work all the time , but when it does there's always fish and beer ! Just mount it in the middle by the fins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cusefan78
07-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Mine was under the tranny coupler. Moved it under the engine mount when I rebuilt my tranny and hadn't worked right since. I'm ordering a humming bird depth gauge and new transducer and plan on putting it back behind the tranny