PDA

View Full Version : 2008 22SSV Solenoid Replacement on ballast system?

Jhatton
06-30-2014, 07:01 PM
So, after some further research, and getting down and dirty with the new boat, it appears that I have a 1200GPH pump, and I have approximately 200-215 gallons of ballast bags because this has the upgraded ballast system. Therefore, all three bags should fill in about 18 minutes tops. Normally, I am not filling all three bags at once, and it takes much longer than it should.

Supra's have 1 ballast fill pump, which leads into a filter/strainer and then into a manifold w/ 3 separate solenoids, which appear to supply each individual ballast bag. Does anyone know if there is solenoid that would speed up the fill. I would want to solenoids to be compatible with the current pump and system. Essentially, I just want to replace the manifold with new solenoids, and use the current electrical set up, which activates the solenoids.

The present solenoids look like they just came off of a sprinkler system or something...

HIFLYR
07-03-2014, 10:07 PM
They did you can buy them at home depot. The valves limit the flow resulting in long fill times. I switched out to the newer system with 3 reversible pumps resulting in a much cleaner install i can fill my 3 1100 lbs bags in 12 min.