PDA

View Full Version : Wicked Wave surf-gate....

wotan2525
07-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Saw this and thought it was worth posting. I don't like that they encourage people to use ratchet straps or hand clamps, but I think this could be done via DIY without much effort....

http://www.wickedwakesurf.com/testimonials.html

devovino
07-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Saw this and thought it was worth posting. I don't like that they encourage people to use ratchet straps or hand clamps, but I think this could be done via DIY without much effort....

http://www.wickedwakesurf.com/testimonials.html

Nice tutorial, this kinda ties into the threads about the Delayed Convergence devices everybody is making. I was surfing the last two days and still hit or miss going rope-less, I need to give a DIY one of these a go, seems like an easy mod to get the wake longer and more ride able! Thanks!

CornRickey
07-09-2014, 02:28 AM
The biggest factor with these is the ability (or inability) to adjust the angle of the gate. If you can't adjust it your fighting a losing battle when it comes to differences in loads

devovino
07-10-2014, 03:50 PM
The biggest factor with these is the ability (or inability) to adjust the angle of the gate. If you can't adjust it your fighting a losing battle when it comes to differences in loads

Definitely, that was a strong consideration when I started fabbing up a surf gate this last weekend, its just a temporary "mock up", I essentially modeled after yours Cornrickey, it is a two piece system that ties together with hinges. I finished with the design, put it together and had to head back to work. I plan on finding something similar to your lock out adjustable hinge to make the devergance part. Where did you find the adjustable bracket that holds your gate open, Home Depot?

CornRickey
07-10-2014, 04:00 PM
No I found it at a local hardware store. It is table drop leaf support with a turn buckle welded into the longer section. The key is to have something that will keep it's adjustment index when removed. This enables small adjustments and you don't have to start over each time you install it. My newest version (I sold my r&d set) work the best do far. Being that they are about 2 inches taller.

Morgan2886
07-19-2014, 12:35 AM
If you don't mind my asking, what are the dimensions of your gate piece now?

CornRickey
07-19-2014, 12:12 PM
Not having them in from of me.......I think the finished height is 10 inchs and length is 12 with them tapered to parallel the top of the swim step when retracted. I'm on vacation now and once back to the cabin and it on the lift I'll get some more pictures. I changed the mechanisms to latch it closed and the lever that keeps the flap up to one mechanism that does both. It looks a lot cleaner.

Supra07
09-21-2014, 09:42 PM
Do you sale these or know of anyone? I am looking for a set for an 07 Supra.

CornRickey
09-22-2014, 12:21 AM
Do you sale these or know of anyone? I am looking for a set for an 07 Supra.

If your asking me, I do. Go ahead and pm me and we can talk. I don't want to hijack this thread (its going around).