PDA

View Full Version : shaft seal bellows

Brosh
07-02-2014, 11:14 AM
I am finally getting the final few pieces back together so this boat can be on the water for the summer, and i was going to install the rudder and the propshaft last night, and i came up with a little hitch. Rudder went in no problem, however i see that it is fairly warped, so i need to find a place to true that, but i am sure it will be fine and just pull to the right some. However when i went to the prop shaft, i see that it doesn't have the original packing, but has a lasdrop system that doesn't have a water line going to it. My main concern is that the bellows is starting to crack from age. It doesn't go all the way through but is obliviously going to need replacing. I did a Google search but could only find full kits and not just the bellows which is what i need to replace.

Does anyone know where i can order just the bellows? I don't want to have to buy a whole new dripless system if i can avoid it.

lively
07-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Call lasdrop . I have the same one with the same issue . They will sell the bellow by it's self . I bought one when I had that issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brosh
07-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Great thanks, how does it perform? any problems i should watch for?

lively
07-02-2014, 01:44 PM
The bellow should come with instructions on how it works , if you YouTube lasdrop they should have videos on the product . Mine works great and the bellow I think was 50$ but don't quote me on that .

lively
07-02-2014, 01:45 PM
And don't over tighten set screws . I broke one of mine off .

Brosh
07-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Great thanks again for the advice!