PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the 351

ckracing
07-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Have belt dust all over the place along with other shrapnel from oil changes, etc. Is the engine OK to Gunk (covering distributor and other electrical bits)? Is Gunk OK to flow out through the drain plugs, bilge, etc.?
Thanks in advance -
Chris

haugy
07-02-2014, 11:08 PM
I think you want to be careful with that stuff near things like the carpet. I've never personally used it, but it would make me nervous using something that strong while in the boat. But I am curious if others respond and what their results or warnings are. Mine is looking rough as well.

Cusefan78
07-03-2014, 04:33 AM
I used some engine cleaner in the spring. Did it out of the water though. I did not tape anything off but I was very careful with the water when I rinsed it off never went near the computer. I'm pretty sure the brand I used was wet or tire magic brand. Actually worked pretty well but I have to say I was pretty nervous.

michael hunter
07-03-2014, 06:48 AM
I use purple cleaner from the parts store . Mix it 50-50 with water. Use towels to protect the carpet be careful its very strong wear gloves . Mix in a sprayer wet the engine spray it on brush and rinse off with a hose.