PDA

View Full Version : saltare only starts in gear

skeeterfro
07-07-2014, 06:21 PM
I got a supra saltare and the engine won't crank when I pull out the transmission lock out. When button is pressed in, it will fire right up, but its in gear. I know I got something wired backward. I can't figure out what it is. Any input would help a lot.

michael hunter
07-07-2014, 06:52 PM
The neutral safety switch on the trans is out of adj.With the shifter in neutral remove the shift cable at the ball connection on the trans put the trans lever in neutral. Loosen the lock nut and turn the barrow until it slides on the ball tighten the lock nut.

skeeterfro
07-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Thanks man. I'll look at it Wednesday. I figured it was an electrical problem

skeeterfro
07-08-2014, 09:42 AM
OK. I messed with it for a bit this morning. The boat will turn over in neutral but I need to give it some throttle to start which engages the transmission. If I pull the transmission lockout out it won't turn over at all. Is the button wired backwards? Shouldn't you be able to start only in with the trans lockout button pulled out? Don't see anything move on the transmission when I pull or press the button.

lively
07-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Here is a easy one . Disconnect the cable to the trans selector . Move the selector to neutral witch would be middle . And you should feel it click into place . Now go start the boat .

Adjust the linkage so that with the neutral button pressed in for forward/ reverse gear the cable should be holding the trans selector in neutral state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk