PDA

View Full Version : Fix speedos - 200 Launch?

wardon
03-27-2007, 12:47 AM
Have owned this launch for a year, and would like to tackle the problem with speedos. Understand they were defective that year, should I try to fix them ?? One has been replaced with a speedo that says "Supra." Looked in back to find the spot where O-ring is supposed to need changing, but only foung wakeplate Hyd resv. Any advice appreciated!

vintner
03-27-2007, 08:55 AM
I am giving up on speedos. I am have the stuff to mount my portable GPS in the boat this year.

wardon
03-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Where did u get the mounting stuff, and what type GPS would work great for showing speed

vintner
03-27-2007, 11:35 AM
I just have a handheld Garmin. I am using a CB microphone mount (similar to the swivel mount things on cell phones) on the dashboard. This is untested but I've compared the speed to the speedo in my car. It seems to keep with accelleration darn good and is right on at cruising speed. Others might have some input.

lowdrag
03-28-2007, 08:24 PM
I use a Magellan and there was an accesory pack for it that comes with a vehicle dashboard mount. I put velcro in my truck and on the dash of the boat and just transfer the mount back and forth. The mount also has a spot where the dc power connection hooks to it. Whenever you pop the GPS into the mount it switches the power source over from the batteries.