PDA

View Full Version : Some Supra Santera Questions and Thoughts

Muggydude
07-11-2014, 05:04 PM
First post on here... so hi all.

We bought our 99 Supra Santera From a friend back in 07. Not much use on it, maybe 250 hours. Has some good speakers and a rack, and the 325 HP v-drive. Only in the water for a week or two total time each year- then back to be winterized and into dry storage. So overall great shape. A few of the gauges and other small things don't work anymore, but are probably pretty easy fixes (we don't use it enough to bother). It's been a great boat- we usually go up to camp and boat a few times a year with a couple other families. We originally bought it to replace our old sea ray, with the thought that all the kids would want to wakeboard (most are in or almost in college now) but low and behold they all followed us old men and slalom most of the time.

So now with a lot of us into our 50s now (but we all still get some good cuts in :cool:), and the kids all skiing we are deciding what to do with it. It's a great boat and has been very reliable, but the wake is a just a pain for slalom. Great for tubing and wakeboarding, but like I said we are getting old. We have a few options I guess. 1: Keep it and try to adjust the wake a bit (and just deal with it)- or 2: Sell/Trade it and get a more ski oriented boat.

So for our options on lowering the wake. I believe the boat does not currently have the optimum prop size for the altitude we usually boat at (Colorado, Wyoming). I remember last year looking into that, but I don't remember what prop it has on currently. I think it might not be hitting the RPMs it should. Thoughts on that? And would a different prop make much of a difference anyways? The other would be a wake plate- which could maybe help lower the wake (but will it make much of a difference either?). So thoughts on those?

It's a shame really, because the boat is pretty much perfect for our needs besides the wake size. Been very reliable too. If we did sell it- any ideas on what it might be worth? It has a dual axle trailer that's in great shape too, new tires on it from last year as well. Our main purpose when we do get out on the water is almost always slalom, so it would simply be nice to have a small wake.

Thanks for any thoughts! Can see if I can find some pics somewhere

Also I guess if anyone would possibly be interested in buying it send me a message, always open to conversation about it. We live in central Colorado- but if we ever did sell it could drive pretty far to meet.

Muggydude
07-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Never mind

2500HD
07-12-2014, 01:52 AM
You really lost me here but i live in colorado, probably at a higher elevation than you. You want the acme 1617 prop. it's a 14.5x13.75 and yes at my elevation of 8250 and 8 adults it will still pull a slalom skier from a deep water start.

Muggydude
07-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Checked and the prop on it now has is a 4 blade- 14" and 18 degree pitch. We actually have two of the same prop, maybe I can find someone who would want to trade one of them.

Also any other thoughts people? I'm sure dome guys know something that might help

suprasaltareaud
07-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Yes dropping the wakeplate no more than half an inch will make wake smaller. I did that on my 87 saltare. Check what position it is currently in. Should be pretty much same angle as the bottom of the boat. If it is higher then lower it but just 1/2 inch.

Muggydude
07-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Our boat doesn't have a wake plate unfortunately... So we would have to buy one and install it

suprasaltareaud
07-17-2014, 10:28 PM
Yes you would. I suppose a temporary solution would be to put some weight up the front. Sand bags or people to see if it helps then you will know if the wakeplate is worth while for you. Just a thought.

2500HD
07-17-2014, 10:49 PM
I've seen it but still can't believe anyone would sell a boat without a wake plate. You need one.