PDA

View Full Version : 242 Surf Video

Kma4444
07-13-2014, 12:05 PM
Hello all, just thought I'd share a quick video of our surf wake. Sorry you have to endure my poor surfing but it shows our goofy wake pretty well. You can see that it helps me a lot since it is plenty long and what have ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbAXcfZN8O0

Zim
07-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Nice! Skills aren't what I'd call bad by any means. Takes people a good amount of time to get to that point. Nice wave!

Kma4444
07-15-2014, 07:20 AM
It has definitely taken some time, that's for sure. Just always wanting to improve quicker ya know. We're extremely happy with the wake. I changed the stock left bag for a 750 I had and I am going to get a couple fittings to plumb another bag in with that one so we can get our regular wave as good as the goofy one. I think I am more regular than goofy, when it comes to surfing anyway, but my wife is goofy and she introduced me to this so I just started out on the right side.

It will be fun to do more on the regular side just to see how that feels. Did a little bit a couple weekends ago but the wake really wasn't all that strong, plenty good enough if I was used to being on that side, but not good enough for me just yet.

HyperCVAD198
07-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Looks Great to me. Nice, Long pocket there.

We've never really tried the goofy foot, but I imagine we'll give it a while before the summer is out. We're getting to that point now where we can go for much longer periods ropeless. Now we're working on our 180s, etc. Unfortunately, they're more like 195-FPs* (FP=Face Plant)

Each time we go out, we get new people up and surfing, too! So that's very exciting.

Kma4444
07-24-2014, 06:57 PM
I sure do understand the FP, I'm sort of a savant when it comes to such.

Always fun getting new folks involved. I've had two guys cuss me, nicely, since they said I cost them $80k or so when we taught their wife to surf!!!!!! Gotta figure out a commission deal on those boat sales. They've all really liked the '42 as well, and who can blame them?