PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Supra Mariah running hot! Please help!

Kim86
07-14-2014, 11:59 AM
We have replaced impeller in small water pump
We have replaced circulating water pump and put new 143 degree thermostat in it
When ran in yard with water hose it ran 160 when put in lake immediately shot up to 200
Fixing to replace manifolds and risers. Is there anything else it could be?

Jetlink
07-14-2014, 12:25 PM
When you run it on the hose, is it via a fake lake with positive water pressure from the hose? If so, try filling a bucket and have the hose run from the bucket to the fake lake to be sure your pump is able to suction the water.

Kim86
07-14-2014, 12:37 PM
When you run it on the hose, is it via a fake lake with positive water pressure from the hose? If so, try filling a bucket and have the hose run from the bucket to the fake lake to be sure your pump is able to suction the water.
Yes it was fake lake and we did the water flow test

Jetlink
07-14-2014, 12:42 PM
So, the hose isn't supplying water directly to the fake lake? If it is, it can mask a feed issue with positive pressure.

2500HD
07-14-2014, 12:59 PM
It's pretty easy to get the hoses on the impeller housing backwards.

crystal waters
07-14-2014, 06:01 PM
Is your impeller installed correctly and is it in fact the correct impeller.
My neighbour had similar problem until he discovered the marine shop sold him an impeller that while it fit was in fact the incorrect one.
Once he installed the correct impeller problem disappeared.

Wulphie
07-14-2014, 07:16 PM
Remove the top of the thermostat housing and check the amount of rust in the 2 outlets. Over time the can get quite restricted with rust build up. I have seen them so constricted you could barely get a pencil through. If it looks bad soak in oxalic acid to loosen it up and use a plumbers wire brush to clean it out.

lively
07-14-2014, 07:17 PM
So we are for sure getting water out of the exhaust ?

Find a colder lake ? Lol.

What raw water impeller pump do you have ? Have you double checked that was the correct impeller ? The bronze backing plate , was it worn ?

I would suspect manifolds having blockage from hard water and trash . I try to pull the plugs out of the back of mine from time to time and blow site through them . It's really just a well I did look in their type dill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk